Pineapple Paradise Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea, Mango, Natural Flavours, Pineapple Piece, Safflower, Sunflower Blossoms
Floral, Fruity, Pineapple, Sweet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

• “This is not a bad cup of green tea. It has a generic tropical fruit flavor and virtually no grassy base. However, I wish I got more pineapple. It is not offensive but it is not all that special or...” Read full tasting note
  • “Tried this hot tonight. It’s pretty decent. A tropical fruity green tea. I did 2 steeps right away (2 min then 3 min) because I’m STILL WORKING. Yeah. I’m going to cold steep the rest for the...” Read full tasting note
  • “I like this tea, but I find myself wanting more from it. There is the a light note of pineapple and something else… I’m thinking it’s the mango… which is nice, but it’s almost too subtle. I can’t...” Read full tasting note
  • “Green March! Decided to finally try this sampler from Fusion Teas I’ve had for a while. Today we got a flash snowstorm, so all things considered, a tropical blend didn’t exactly go with our sudden...” Read full tasting note

From Fusion Teas

This light green tea is balanced with soft fruits and tart pineapple to create a surprisingly soft, sweet infusion. It’s one of our best sellers, and with good reason!

Pineapple Paradise is a pretty, colorful mixture of green tea, pineapple and mango pieces with safflower and sunflower blossoms. The brewed leaves emit a soft aroma of exotic fresh fruits which is a bit grassy, but discreet. Candied pineapple comes forward in the sip. The lively sencha green tea base blends well with the juicy, lemony notes. There is no bitterness at all in this super-smooth brew. A silky mouthfeel and a clean, lingering, sweet aftertaste round out to satisfying finish.

Pineapple and mango flavors yearn to be enjoyed iced or chilled, but this tea is equally delicious served hot. The refreshing qualities of this blend are apparent in both preparation methods. As an iced tea, it is an excellent thirst quencher in hot summer months; in the winter months, the exotic scent and taste carries us away to the warm tropics…

Ingredients: green tea, pineapple cubes, mango cubes, natural flavor, safflower, sunflower blossoms.

Tasting Notes: lively, smooth, exotic fruits

Steeping Instructions: 1.5 tsp Per Cup, 175° F, 2-3 Minutes

About Fusion Teas View company

This is not a bad cup of green tea. It has a generic tropical fruit flavor and virtually no grassy base. However, I wish I got more pineapple. It is not offensive but it is not all that special or memorable either. Thank you Veronica for sharing but I think once I get through the sample, my relationship with this tea will be over.

I’m going to cold steep the rest for the morning.

Thanks for the sample, Veronica!

I like this tea, but I find myself wanting more from it. There is the a light note of pineapple and something else… I’m thinking it’s the mango… which is nice, but it’s almost too subtle. I can’t taste the base tea at all. To be fair, I did a two minute steep which was the shortest recommended time on the package. Next time I’ll start with a three minute steep and go from there. Also, adding sugar to my cup really boosted the fruity flavors, but the base tea still could not be tasted.

I think this one has promise. I ended up sending quite a bit of this out in swaps, but there’s still plenty to play with. I might even try making an iced tea out of it just for fun.

Today we got a flash snowstorm, so all things considered, a tropical blend didn’t exactly go with our sudden winter weather motif! But it is what I grabbed when I left the house this morning, so it’s what I had to make for my daily cuppa at work today, so I had a lovely bright, pineapple-yellow cuppa tea with sweet tropical scents wafting from my cup as fat fluffy snowflakes fell for several hours straight outside the library windows. Umm… aloha? So I prepared this tea warm today; I’ll admit I normally prepare fruity green teas of this sort as cold brews.

This tea is very sweet, with a strong pineapple flavor. I normally like my fruity green teas to be a bit on the delicate side, but since I really love pineapple (yes, I’m a pineapple-on-pizza person, and no, I won’t apologize for it) I actually don’t mind this. There is a somewhat subtle hint of a floral touch at the end of the sip which is nice, too.

I’m not getting much else out of this, though. I am not picking out any of the underlying sencha flavor (which may be a good thing if you aren’t necessarily a fan of green teas, so take that or leave that as you will; I personally would’ve preferred a bit more of the base to shine through, myself) and I’m not really getting any of the mango notes, either. I love pineapple, but as far as pineapple green teas go, I think I prefer Bluebird Tea Co.’s Pineapple Sorbet which was a little more complex, as it had some nice citrus notes thrown in as well. But then, this tea is readily available and Pineapple Sorbet has been discontinued, so there is that.

Flavors: Floral, Fruity, Pineapple, Sweet