Blackberry Maple Black

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I bought this from Fusion a while ago, in fact I think it was last year’s Black Friday sale. I have a bunch of sample sizes I ordered because I love so many of Fusion’s teas, but to me, the new...” Read full tasting note

From Fusion Teas

The Blackberry Maple Black Tea Experience:
A connoisseurs’ blend

In general, tea blends appeal to the masses and pure teas appeal to connoisseurs. This is one of those tea blends that is so well-made that it appeals to connoisseurs just as much as it does to the masses. It’s rich and sweet without being too heavy or over the top for even the most ‘serious’ of tea drinkers. So go ahead… indulge a little!

Tasting Notes:
blackberry, malt, maple syrup

The aroma of juicy summer blackberries set the stage as soon as you open a pouch of Blackberry Maple. Black Tea gives the blend a distinct malty note. Flavors of sweet blackberries and even sweeter maple syrup are clear, but not the least bit overdone. The aftertaste brings in a note of herbaceous, tannic blackberry leaf (making it anything but sugar-sweet!).

Ingredients: Black Tea, Brittle Pieces, Flavor, Blackberries, Blackberry Leaves.

About Fusion Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

I bought this from Fusion a while ago, in fact I think it was last year’s Black Friday sale. I have a bunch of sample sizes I ordered because I love so many of Fusion’s teas, but to me, the new batches sometimes seemed like they tasted older than the YEARS old blends I still have in the cupboards. what the heck? I don’t know. This was a new to me blend, I had to try one that was maple and blackberry. I only used one teaspoon and there was about half a blackberry in my infuser. The black tea was fairly small, so I guess it was going to be a deep cup anyway. I prefer a deep black tea with blackberry flavor. I wouldn’t necessarily call the sweet flavor ‘maple’, but there was a lot of blackberry flavor. The black tea base is just okay, though I’m glad it wasn’t lighter. I’m also glad the blackberry leaves didn’t leave an off putting flavor. The second steep had an even deeper flavor, and still plenty of blackberry. Overall, it’s like a sweet blackberry black tea and I’m a fan.
Steep #1 // 1 teaspoon for a full mug // 15 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep