Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Ozli

• “I pulled this one out of my decaf/rooibos tin without checking what it is. Ohai, Licorice! This is a nice soft licorice blend. Maybe the orange is smoothing it over? It gives me that nice cooling...” Read full tasting note
  • “Having for dessert with pumpkin pie tartlets and vanilla ice cream. Tea is not health choice in my world. :D :D :D I don’t really like the smell of this tea because I hate cloves, but when...” Read full tasting note

From Great Wall Tea Company

Cinnamon, cloves, licorice, orange.

About Great Wall Tea Company View company

This is a nice soft licorice blend. Maybe the orange is smoothing it over? It gives me that nice cooling mouthfeel that is present in most licorice teas (and which is why I swear by them when I have a sore throat), but without the added kick that DavidsTea Licorice Twist has. It also has 1/3 the ingredients,and I’m okay with that. I think I prefer this one! I used to love Stash’s Licorice Tea, and this is a pleasant upgrade.

Thanks ozli!

Ozli

Oh cool, glad you liked it!

I don’t really like the smell of this tea because I hate cloves, but when you get up close it smells really really good. Something soft in there. It’s the best tea with licorice that I’ve tried. (And I love licorice? But not yet in any teas.)

Anyway, now that I’m timing my steeps for this site, I think I’m steeping way less (I probably am a chronic over-steeper because I wander off and forget constantly).. idk if this is good or bad yet.

Is it just me or is this site missing a “What tea are you drinking?” box for the tealog? It’s a pain searching the tea and going from there. There should be a LOG YOUR TEA! button or something.

Cavocorax

Mmmmmm. That sounds pretty good. I’ve got a licorice blend from DavidsTea that I like,but then I found out licorice is bad for nursing, but then fennel is good, so Idk what to do. I complicate everything.

And I totally found this site useful for making me pay attention to how long I steep tea, and savoring the flavours. I’m always using my tablet to take notes! But I go to my cupboard to find the tea I want to review – maybe that’s quicker?

Ozli