Mirabelle Cream Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “Backlog: My third tea in my September Amoda Tea box. I liked this one alright, as far as rooibos blends go. Rooibos have never been a favorite, but I like them alright, I suppose. Lately, I’ve...” Read full tasting note
  • “Travel mug of tea made during work a few days ago – I was just craving plum really badly. I think I might have to finish off the rest of this sample as a travel mug tea because the profile came out...” Read full tasting note

From Hale Tea Company

What’s In It
Green rooibos, Mirabelle fruit flavour and smooth cream.

How It Tastes To Us
The aroma is something of a cross between a peach and an apricot. To taste, this tea really does mimic eating an actual Mirabelle plum with it’s tart skin and sweet flesh. The green rooibos brings an interesting savouriness that interacts delightfully with the Mirabelle flavour.

About Hale Tea Company View company

Backlog:

My third tea in my September Amoda Tea box. I liked this one alright, as far as rooibos blends go. Rooibos have never been a favorite, but I like them alright, I suppose. Lately, I’ve found more rooibos blends that I like versus those that I don’t.

I like that this is a green rooibos base as opposed to the oxidized rooibos. The light, fruity notes of the green rooibos complement the flavor of the mirabelle fruit and the sweet creamy notes.

A really enjoyable, caffeine free alternative.

Travel mug of tea made during work a few days ago – I was just craving plum really badly. I think I might have to finish off the rest of this sample as a travel mug tea because the profile came out quite different when prepared in a Lock Top, and in a way I thought was improved. I mean, it’s still DEFINITELY not a “creamy” flavour at all but it least it shied quite a bit away from being that really unpleasant sour plum flavour that I hate so much.