Mirabelle Cream Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “Backlog: My third tea in my September Amoda Tea box. I liked this one alright, as far as rooibos blends go. Rooibos have never been a favorite, but I like them alright, I suppose. Lately, I’ve...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was a lot different than I expected it to be. Just based on the description, I kind of anticipated a softer and more supple mixed stonefruit and cream flavour – and that sounded delicious. In...” Read full tasting note

From Hale Tea Company

What’s In It
Green rooibos, Mirabelle fruit flavour and smooth cream.

How It Tastes To Us
The aroma is something of a cross between a peach and an apricot. To taste, this tea really does mimic eating an actual Mirabelle plum with it’s tart skin and sweet flesh. The green rooibos brings an interesting savouriness that interacts delightfully with the Mirabelle flavour.

About Hale Tea Company View company

Backlog:

My third tea in my September Amoda Tea box. I liked this one alright, as far as rooibos blends go. Rooibos have never been a favorite, but I like them alright, I suppose. Lately, I’ve found more rooibos blends that I like versus those that I don’t.

I like that this is a green rooibos base as opposed to the oxidized rooibos. The light, fruity notes of the green rooibos complement the flavor of the mirabelle fruit and the sweet creamy notes.

A really enjoyable, caffeine free alternative.

This was a lot different than I expected it to be.

Just based on the description, I kind of anticipated a softer and more supple mixed stonefruit and cream flavour – and that sounded delicious. In practice, this had a really defined sourness to it and a taste that leaned much more heavily towards plums. Like, I’ve definitely never had one of these, but the taste was like what I imagine Umeboshi Plums taste like, minus the saltiness. No real ‘cream’ to be found in this one.

All of that said, I actually STRONGLY enjoyed the flavour even if it was nothing like what I was anticipating. It was just so bright and lively, and very rich in its own unique way. It stood out to me as unique; and it’s been a long time since a rooibos blend has really done that for me. So thank you Starfevre for passing this one along to me!