Mirabelle Cream Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “Backlog: My third tea in my September Amoda Tea box. I liked this one alright, as far as rooibos blends go. Rooibos have never been a favorite, but I like them alright, I suppose. Lately, I’ve...” Read full tasting note
  • “Cold Brew! So, I haven’t had much tea today – in fact this cold brew is the only tea I’ve had. It’s been a really busy day because tomorrow morning I catch a plane and head to Las Vegas for a week...” Read full tasting note

From Hale Tea Company

What’s In It
Green rooibos, Mirabelle fruit flavour and smooth cream.

How It Tastes To Us
The aroma is something of a cross between a peach and an apricot. To taste, this tea really does mimic eating an actual Mirabelle plum with it’s tart skin and sweet flesh. The green rooibos brings an interesting savouriness that interacts delightfully with the Mirabelle flavour.

About Hale Tea Company View company

Backlog:

My third tea in my September Amoda Tea box. I liked this one alright, as far as rooibos blends go. Rooibos have never been a favorite, but I like them alright, I suppose. Lately, I’ve found more rooibos blends that I like versus those that I don’t.

I like that this is a green rooibos base as opposed to the oxidized rooibos. The light, fruity notes of the green rooibos complement the flavor of the mirabelle fruit and the sweet creamy notes.

A really enjoyable, caffeine free alternative.

Cold Brew!

So, I haven’t had much tea today – in fact this cold brew is the only tea I’ve had. It’s been a really busy day because tomorrow morning I catch a plane and head to Las Vegas for a week long vacation; and since I’m super bad at procrastinating I’ve left all of my packing (including laundry) to the last minute. Oops.

I’ve got as message done now as I can until my next load of laundry drys, so time to power through a couple tasting notes before I don’t have consistent internet access anymore…

This one was just fine as a cold brew; I always sort of forget how sour the plum flavour is when I take my first few sips. Today, however, it’s not just a tangy/tart plum taste but also a little bit woody tasting from the base. Definitely the strongest that those rooibos tea flavours have come through all of the stonefruit/plum. I like it just fine – but as I’ve said before it does always through me that there’s “cream” in the name of this tea and it doesn’t taste creamy at all.

tea-sipper

I hope you have an awesome trip!

Lexie Aleah

Safe Travels!

LuckyMe

That’s my packing style too. A few times I’ve even waiting until just a few hours before departure. But hey, I tend to do well under pressure. Enjoy Vegas!