Earl Grey Supreme

Bergamot, Earl Grey, Caramel, Cocoa, Cream, Honey, Malt, Tart, Toast, Citrus, Rose, Lemon, Orange, Creamy, Floral, Smooth, Citrus Zest, Fruity
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I guess my latest mini-obsession is Earl Grey :) Let’s see, I had a very long Chinese obsession, followed by mini obsessions of Assam, then Chai, now Earl :) I threw a sample of this in my cart...” Read full tasting note
  • “You know you have become a true tea drinker when……… …you are sitting on the porch in 80 degree weather drinking hot Earl Grey Supreme. And you are usually hot in this kind of weather. Still, this...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m finishing up the last of this delicious Earl Grey today – but I think I should have saved it to drink while watching Star Trek! Either way, this tea is great as a tea latte with the citrusy...” Read full tasting note
  • “A sample of this arrived with my recent Harney order. I thought I’d give it a go this morning. I’m not a huge Earl Grey fan…I like it, but it’s a case of I like what I like and don’t often branch...” Read full tasting note

From Harney & Sons

To the connoisseur we offer Earl Grey Supreme, which uses a higher grade of teas along with the addition of Silver Tips. Most of our customers have never gone back to our regular Earl Grey once they have tasted the Supreme. If you love Bergamot and fine tea, this is the blend for you.

Kosher.

About Harney & Sons View company

I am new to Harney and Sons, and just bought their Earl Grey Supreme, Scottish Morn and Millerton Blend.

My exposure to Earl Grey was changed forever when I bought Twinings Strand Earl Grey in London last year. As we all know, the Twinings that we get in the USA is a waste of money. The Strand Earl Grey is super strong, has lots of bergamot and is very full bodied.

The Harney is very good, but I find it far more mild in comparison. On it’s own, it’s a light taste, with a slight dry and bitter after-taste on the sides of the tongue. It doesn’t take milk very well, but used in moderation it’s ok.

I intend on purchasing Harney and Sons other Earl Grey(s) in hopes of finding one that I truly love.

I would recommend this tea to someone who likes a light to medium bodied tea.

Flavors: Lemon, Orange

Warning, Earl Gray is not usually my thing, but I received a free sample of this so thought I would give it a try.

First off, I got distracted this morning and ended up over steeping this about an extra 3 minutes. It is a little overly strong, but not bitter, which is a plus.

As for flavors, not much I can say. Its bergamot. Not only powerful like in some, but its a flavor I’m pretty sensitive to, and since I don’t like it . . .
I can’t really taste any other flavors or smell any other aromas.

I’m not going to rate this tea as I knew going in that I was unlikely to like it.

Flavors: Bergamot

I feel weird looking at my cupboard, because I stopped drinking flavored teas awhile ago, and have been moving toward Pu-Erh, Oolong, and natural teas. Earl Grey will always be Earl Grey though, and I must review all of the flavored tea in my cupboard before I can begin taking note of my present interests. This tea packs a much brighter citrus flavor than other earl grey’s that I’ve had in the past. Not a very deep tea.

Backlog
I used the last of this sample packet. It previously opened I don’t know how long. Earl Grey’s are hit and miss for me. I love how bergamot smells but often don’t like the taste. This one is fine, but I don’t taste much of bergamot for anything else really. Wet leaves smell of bergamot. I don’t think this is the tea for me.

Flavors: Bergamot

Found this at the international grocery. The scent is so nicely bergamot. That comes across in the flavour well, along with some creamy notes. It is a bit floral too.

Very good. Glad I went back for it. Having another cup while watching ‘The Prestige’.

Flavors: Bergamot, Creamy, Floral

Inkling

That’s one of my favorite Earl Greys!

Lariel of Lórien

I was at the international grocery again, so I got more.

I like this earl because it doesn’t have an over powering bergamot flavor. Supremely mild, but tasty. I will enjoy this regularly.

Flavors: Bergamot

Next time use scanter teaspoons, I think. It’s understated on the bergamot and a bit bitter in the finish, but I think that might be due to brewing the pot just a little strong. I like that it’s not over the top, but I’ve had Earl Grey’s I’ve liked better. Probably a good base for lavender.

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 4 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

Thank you to Kyla for sending me a sample of this delicious tea! I think this is the best Earl Grey I’ve ever had! The base is smooth and flavorful and perfectly balanced with just the right amount of bergamot. It takes milk beautifully, but this is one of the few Earl Grey teas that I would consider drinking straight. Absolutely delicious!

Flavors: Bergamot, Malt, Smooth

I generally don’t go wrong with Earl Grey, but this one is extra nice. I didn’t add any milk, just a tiny bit of sugar, and it was fantastic.

Earl Grey was not one of my favorite teas, but this one has made me a convert. Brisk but creamy and smooth with the perfect amount of bergamot for an earthy yet floral finish. Delicious prepared Irish style, i.e. with a touch of milk and sweetener. I use either honey or raw sugar.

Flavors: Citrus, Creamy, Floral, Smooth