Fruits d'Alsace

Black Fruit Blend
Apricot, Cherry, Plums, Alcohol, banana, Fruity, Malt, Vanilla, Peach, Berries, Stonefruits, Jam, Smoke
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Today is a day to drink teas I like, I’ve decided, and after a long morning of stress and work, I’m going to take a moment with fruits D’ alsace, a much enjoyed tea that I’ve neglected for a...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is one of the samples sent to me by Russel Allyn of Harney and Sons. This is actually a tea I already had in my cupboard, so I am going to gift this sample out to someone wanting to try it! I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ok, epic fail here. and I don’t even think it’s the tea, necessarily. Last night, I decided to go buck wild and do a cold-brew of this. First attempt at a cold brew ever. No one was going to stop...” Read full tasting note
  • “Cold brew of this one tonight as well. I think I prefer it hot to be honest. Th cold brew just seemed to flatten the flavours and make it less appealing to me. Still a nice tea, but not as...” Read full tasting note

From Harney & Sons

Inspired by the delicious Alsatian cuisine of Chef Jean Joho, this is a dessert tea with the flavors of the tree fruits of that region of France: apricots, cherries and plums.

About Harney & Sons View company

I have had this one in my cupboard forever. It is certainly a nice tea, nothing wrong with it. The black base is smooth, strong but not bitter and I definitely taste the fruits. Maybe I need to…..?add sugar…..?try it plain…?add in some frothed milk……I like it well enough, but not sure i find it very remarkable….. Well, I have a tin, so will get the chance to try it plenty more times, plenty more ways……trying to drink as much tea as possible while I clean house and await a FedEx delivery…..(not tea unfortunately)……..

Cold brewed for a day and a half. Added a teensy tiny bit of simple syrup (like a tablespoon to all 32oz).

Delicate, yet flavorful.

This smells so good in the tin, but hot-brews up iffy for me. Cold-brewing, on the other hand, winner!

Flavors: Apricot, Cherry, Peach, Plums, Stonefruits

Iced 8 min or more 6 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

Wonderful tart black cherry flavor; reminds me of black forest cake – add a little cocoa or dark chocolate, and it would taste exactly like black forest cake. I really enjoy that the cherry is not artificial, and there is no almond flavor as is common with most cherry flavorings. Just a rich authentic cherry with black tea.

The fruit taste of plum, cherry, and apricot blend well with this tea. As a hot tea it is a little sweet for my taste. As an iced tea it is one of my favorites, it is sweet and fruity and does not need anything added to it to make it a sweet iced tea. I would give it a score of 70 for hot and 90 for iced.

Meh. I won’t rate this one because I think the flavor has disappeared. I got this as a sample ina ziplock bag a long time ago. This didnt need any sugar or additives. It is not bitter and brews medium brown.

Holy stone fruits, Batman.

When I was selecting samples, I nearly overlooked this one. When I read Fruits d’Alsace I automatically thought of cherries, so I figured this would be a bit like a Black Forest gateau minus the chocolate. As such, I nearly didn’t add it to my cart.

The apricot and plum sold me. I love stone fruits. When I was little, we had a plum tree right outside the back door. It was, to put it plainly, heaven. This is one of the few times I’ve seen plum in a tea. It’s often paired with ginger, and I don’t mind that. Many of those blends are nice (enough). I digress.

I tried this hot and straight, and, to be fair, I didn’t love it. I could taste all the fruits featured in the blend. The cherry flavor really lingers, and I’m not the biggest fan of cherries. Thankfully, it’s not that artificial cherry flavor that gives you cough syrup vibes. Cringe.

I enjoyed my cuppa, but this tea is begging to be iced or cold-steeped. I’ll see how I get on with that another day.

Flavors: Apricot, Cherry, Plums

This one has a nice balance of strong tea flavor with the fruitiness, neither one overpowering the other. It is kind of generically fruity as opposed to a particular flavor, but that doesn’t bother me for some reason. I think this is one that would have broad general appeal to a fair number of people.

If you like cherry this one is a great tea to try. Cherry …maybe a black cherry …is the dominate note in this blend. As it cools there seems to be a slight after taste of alcohol…subtle…maybe like some sort of fruit liquor.
Cream gives it smoother, less fruity, flavor. A nice after dinner tea.

Flavors: Alcohol, Cherry

This is one of those cases where I suspect the tea is just fine, but not really my thing.
The fruit aroma is very strong and the fruit flavor appears to dominate the tea. It possibly doesn’t help that I am not a huge fan of stone fruits to begin with.

Also, for some very weird reason, the aroma of the tea as I go to take a sip makes me think its going to taste soapy. I have no idea as to why. It doesn’t taste soapy. Maybe I am associating it with one of those scented shower gels or something similar.

This may be an excellent tea for others, but its just not my thing.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

another sample from lost provenance (Ysaurella? sorry unknown donor), and a nice tea. A fruity black tea. It reminded me of Dammann teas weirdly, the base. Can´t say much about it, but it was nice.