SoHo Blend

Almond, Coconut, Cream, Creamy, Malt, Nuts, Pastries, Rice Pudding, Sweet, Thick, Toasty, Vanilla, Chocolate, Cocoa, Flowers, Paper
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store

• “So long SoHo! (139/212) I think I may have fallen out of love with this one. It’s the coconut that does it – I don’t think I care for it and even the smell of it puts me off a little. It’s a shame.” Read full tasting note
  • “I haven’t had this in ages. My friend liked it and I gave it to her for her birthday last year. She hasn’t touched it, though, because she got distracted drinking other teas and her first cup of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Can’t get over how delicious this tea is! Shared it with the roommate tonight, and she was in love as well. I made it a touch weak in order to reserve one more cup’s worth for another day, but it...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m happy to announce that I am part of the Lush family again! I just got back from my first day at one of the locations here. Boy, have I ever missed working there. I love coming home smelling...” Read full tasting note

From Harney & Sons

In honor of our new shop in Manhattan, we are introducing our SoHo Blend. Emeric Harney, the store manager, came up with this flavored black tea concoction. It has flavors of Chocolate and Coconut.

About Harney & Sons View company

I’ve been having a great tea week!

A tiny part of me wishes I weren’t. I’m able to come up with MUCH FUNNIER stuff to say when reviews are dire. Alas, the stuff in my mouth tastes good, which doesn’t leave a lot of hilarity fodder.

So I’m going to tell you this is a tasty chocolate/vanilla blend with a bit flowers and coconut. If you like those things, you’ll probably like this thing. The only negative thing I can say is that it tastes a tiny bit artificial, but it’s so good overall, I’ll probably be buying more. So there’s that.

Miss my negativity? I do have a negative review about Wendy’s disruption of the Strawberry Fields salad. It was strawberries, chicken, bacon, onion, and bleu cheese crumbles gaily dancing upon greens.

It came every summer and left every fall like glorious clockwork. I spent all 9 cold months pining for it.

This year, they introduced a Summer Berry Chicken Salad instead. It’s not the same and it’s not as good.

It’s like walking into the school cafeteria on Taco Tuesday only to be handed some Sloppy Joe. What is this? Why are you deviating from schedule? I don’t want this. I want the other thing that should be happening right now. I mean, this is fine. It’s not poison; it’s just not what I want.

You want to reach across and bitch-slap the counter-lady, even though you know it’s not her fault. You want to tear off her hairnet, light it on fire, and go streaking through the woods with it aflame.

But you must stay calm and order something else.

Don’t let anyone see your lip quiver as you hold back tears.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Coconut, Cream, Flowers, Vanilla

mtchyg

She’s still got it, folks!

mtchyg

I make a homemade version of the strawberry salad. Complete with bacon and bleu cheese. Glorious, indeed. Also, the tea sounds nice enough as well.

Super Starling!

Of course I could make my own Strawberry Fields salad. But that involves, like, preparation. The bacon alone involves touching grease. The onion involves smell. The bleu cheese involves cracking open that blob of bleu cheese. I like to just pay the five dollars and have someone else handle the thing. (This is so lazy. I hate myself for it, you don’t have to.)

Haha no judgement here.

One of the handful of Harney samples I got recently. This one has the chocolate flavor similar to their Florence blend. I wasn’t too fond of Florence, but the chocolate works much better in this one. As for the coconut, I honestly thought this blend was supposed to taste like some kind of alcoholic drink before I read the description. There’s a definite heady, boozey aroma to it! While teas that taste like a dessert aren’t everyone’s…wait for it…cup of tea, this one is quite decent instead of just being a mishmash of flavoring.

I have returned from sunny warm climes of Santa Barbara!

Holy carp it’s cold. Brrrr. I’m seriously regretting getting on that plane yesterday. I could have pitched a tent on the beach, right, after my friend got tired of me and kicked me out of his house?

On the brightside, my Black Friday order from Harney & Sons was waiting for me, and I tore into it today. I contemplated my choices and grabbed the SoHo blend for a nice, warm, filling cup of tea on a winter’s day in the DC area. (Granted, it’s relatively warm for a winter’s day, but it’s cold enough I still couldn’t feel my fingers.)

Lovely. Pure bliss. It’s chocolately, nutty, and delicious. A perfect winter’s cup of tea.

Flavors: Chocolate, Nuts

I want to love this tea. Many of my tea frienz love this tea. Me? It’s just okay. Coconut, I get. Chocolate, not so much. Thick, for sure. But just missing any depth of flavor that I long for. It’s on the tip of my tongue and that’s it, and these days I expect so much more from a tea.

I think (?) I grabbed this in a joint order about this time last year. Jeepers. Time to start seriously sipping things down if this is the first time I’ve reached for it.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Paper, Thick

I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about this sample, mostly because I have such mixed feelings about chocolate tea, but this is delicious! It’s like a rich, buttery tea with a touch of macaroon. I don’t know if the pink flower petals are contributing anything to the flavor, but the they do dress up the leaves

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is a very delicious tea! Before it I tried Earl Grey Creme by Teavana and was wondering if there was a similar tasting tea but without the bergamot. I think I almost found it!

There was a pleasant creamy taste to this tea and I couldn’t figure out what it was. Then I read the reviews on Steepster and discovered that it is coconut! Usually I am not a big fan of coconut but in this tea it is very good!

Will be stocking this in my cupboard!

Another tribute tea for John Harney. This one given to me by the awesome, mj1851. Thanks so much! (:
Couldn’t really taste much coconut in this one, but it was definitely chocolatey! Ah, I do love a good, rich chocolate tea! ^^ I’ll definitely have to buy this!

I made a super concentrate from this and poured it over vanilla almond milk and ice cubes, added a bit of raw sugar, and the end result is something that tastes like a very strong white russian. Interesting. Not at all what I expected, but I was pleasantly surprised :)

caile

Sounds so fancy! :-)

Chocolate and coconut?! Why do I not, in my obscene amount of tea, have a chocolate and coconut tea?! Thanks to VariaTEA for this sample!

The first sip was heavy and left a chocolate aftertaste, but there was no coconut to be found. Sweetening it a little… aaaah, the coconut hides in the creamy flavor! I am really liking this tea, but I do with there was more coconut to compete with the level of chocolate. It almost has an alcohol scent to it. Maybe a rum? I like it! I have a few more cups worth to decide if it is a must have.

Stephanie

Chocolate and coconut are fantastic together :D

Dustin

I know, right?! So how have i missed this in tea form for so long?!

I’m continuing my Harney & Sons tribute day with one of my all-time favorite teas. This tea just fits me and was the first tea I went all crazy over. It doesn’t get the most love on Steepster, which is fine- more for me! I love how neither the chocolate nor the coconut overpowers the other and the floral aspect is the finishing touch for me. With milk, it is to die for! Mr. Harney has created a great legacy with his tea company, which adds enjoyment to so many lives.

sherapop

I am joining in on the tribute momentarily—next cup. Just heard the sad news. I agree: what a legacy!