Cranberry Autumn

Black Fruit Blend
Cranberry, Honey, Orange, Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Had a big pot of this last night while watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. We’re trying to watch all of the previous Harry Potter’s before the new one comes out. It’s so fun to see...” Read full tasting note
  • “Yesterday, I received a lovely gift package as part of a swap and a tin of this was part of the gift. I was very happy to receive it, it is one that I haven’t yet tried but have wanted to. The...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was the final tea of tea party today! It is the last day of October, we are now officially hurled into the holiday season full force, and I want to celebrate! A long time ago I felt that...” Read full tasting note
  • “I am really enjoying this tea. It’s bold without being bitter, and the hit of cranberry and orange is just right. It’s just what I needed to wake up this morning. I would definitely recommend it to...” Read full tasting note

From Harney & Sons

The tangy sweet citrus fragrance of Cranberry Autumn evokes euphoria. Dried cranberry and orange bits are blended with handpicked black teas from China and India producing a full-bodied brew as delicious as its scent. Ideally sweet and tart, this black tea expresses exceptionally smooth and flavorful tones. Fall in love with the sweet fruit aroma whilst sipping the exquisite mahogany red of Cranberry Autumn. Available loose and in sachets. The sachets are in seasonal tins.

About Harney & Sons View company

I should have brewed this a bit stronger, using two sachets instead of the one, since my mug is bigger. I do like that this tea has a brightness to it, and I do get the cranberry, with it’s little bit of zing. But I can’t help wishing the black tea would come through a bit more, and I never really taste the orange, so every time I make this, it seems a little on the watered down side, even when it isn’t.

This mild, pleasant tea has a strong smell out of the bag but a mild one in the cup.

I like eating cranberries for food, but wasn’t sure about as a focus note in tea. It’s in the background and almost makes me want to say it’s an astringent feel, but it’s not. It’s natural and not artificial, not strong, blending in.

Unfortunately the issue is the black tea base is bland to me and this is a boring cup. It’s mild but hardly there and I even ended up making this with more than the recommended amount and steeped a good amount of time. Not bad but nothing special.

Flavors: Cranberry

Mmmm, cranberry. This tastes just like it, but isn’t too tart or sour. It also isn’t too sweet – cranberries aren’t sweet, so this is spot on. It is great hot, it is great iced. It isn’t bitter. I really have nothing negative to say about it.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Got a sample of this and ended up using it for iced tea. We drink a lot of iced tea with our meals, even in the colder months, and I needed a new flavor to try. This is really nice iced, although the fruity, berry flavor is not as pronounced as it is in the Boston Blend. I may get it again, if only to try it hot – I used up the entire sample just making one quart of iced tea.

Flavors: Cranberry

Boiling 7 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Sometimes fruity teas are so tart that I can’t taste the rest of the flavor, but this tea has very little of that tartness. The flavor was a complex cranberry/orange cinnamon flavor; I added just a bit of sugar and it was perfect.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Hot, I did not like this at all!! How odd.
It was musty and a bit bitter, but not in a cranberry way.
Now that its cooled, I can taste the fruitiness a bit more while any must has faded. There’s also something mildly spicy in there, though I can’t figure out quite what.
In terms of a classic cranberry tea, it isn’t exactly what I imagined or craved, so I guess the perfect cranberry tea hunt must continue.
Overall, I’d say that it does evoke a theme of “autumn” so points for that.

Dustin

I think their Boston blend has cranberries too. It sounded intriguing, but when I tried it it was very similar to hibiscus.

Dustin

…which = very blech IMO.

Indigobloom

Hmmm. Now I am curious.
I don’t mind hibiscus IF in moderation, and if it contributes to the taste of the fruit. But I can’t stand it when they add so much that all you taste is sour!

Kittenna

Cranberry Pear from DT is my favourite cranberry tea. Most seem to use hibiscus to emulate the tartness of cranberry, which wrecks it.

Indigobloom

I really liked the one from Mlesna, but I’ve run out now. I seem to recall loving the Cran Pear one, though it has been ages! totally agreed on the hibby :/

Just got this from the Harney free shipping deal. It’s a nice smooth fruity tea. I was actually expecting more of a tart cranberry flavor. It’s also suppose to have orange, but I didn’t get too much orange from my first cup.

Overall it was still pretty good, not being what I was expecting. Those that don’t like a tart cranberry would love this one.

It’ll be nice to bring this to Thanksgiving dinner, everyone should love it.

I swear, every time I think I can finally get back to writing tasting notes, new and busy things start to happen. Grrr.
But! We shall try again today!
Cup of the morning. We’re entering the season when I drink tea when I can, as most of the day its too hot to even consider a hot beverage. Do what you can!
Cranberry tea is something I really like. I like the tartness, it feels quite fresh. Fresh is goot, when you are sweating by 7:30 a.m.

Sakura Sushi

There’s always iced tea when it gets too hot out!

Fjellrev

I’m a fan of cranberry teas too. I can imagine this would make a great cold brew.

The first time I had this I thought it was dull but then I realized I didn’t steep it enough. With the right amount of steepage time, this tea was wonderful!

Smells better than it tastes, but I am not a fruit in tea person. I love the thought, but it’s not for me