Black Currant

Black Currant, Black Tea
Berries, Black Currant, Fruity, Metallic, Perfume, Berry
Loose Leaf, Sachet, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store

• “Ugh, computer problems. It is annoying that probably my whole day will be taken up trying to fix and repair things. I need a comforting tea, and preferably one that helps me bust my sample stash....” Read full tasting note
  • “My tea of the afternoon…or with lunch, actually. We have been on a short, last of summer trip this week, and we just happened to be in the neighborhood of the Harney & Son’s Millerton Shop. ...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another backlog from last night – such things will happen when you have people over until far too late lol Ah well, at least a really enjoyable evening. Another tea from the travelling tea box...” Read full tasting note
  • “Fiance and I went and saw Desolation of Smaug last night, and while the Tolkien purist in me wanted to weep, it was an excellent film in it’s own right and I’m sad I have to wait until next year...” Read full tasting note

From Harney & Sons

John’s first flavored tea. It has "big" fruity, berry flavor. This full-bodied tea has become a traditional favorite in fine restaurants all over America.

About Harney & Sons View company

Love me some H & S on a lousy winter weather morning… This one is pleasant enough, though I generally avoid berry-flavored black teas (I think berry flavoring goes better in herbal tisanes, or green tea sometimes). I used one of the silk sachets to make this cuppa.

It’s perfumey and a little metallic-smelling, and steeps an orangey-brown colored liquor.

As per usual with H & S blends, the black tea base is high-quality and rich. It tastes better than it smells— sweet, but in the organic, natural, non-cloying way that actual currants taste. Leaves a pleasant aftertaste.

Probably wouldn’t purchase a whole tin of this, but it’s not bad.

Flavors: Berries, Black Currant, Fruity, Metallic, Perfume

I found this flavored black tea good, but not as impressive as my favorite black currant offered by Upton Tea. I’m glad I tried it, though.

On a quest, I found this at the town market. Thankfully I’d brought enough gold. It has a nice berry scent. And is pretty fruity in general. The flavour is a mild berry, but really good. Have with scones before going on adventures.

Flavors: Berries, Berry, Black Currant

On the 8th day of sipdowns…

This morning I threw my last (of 2) Harney Black Currant tea bag into my mug and accidentally oversteeped it. It was okay, but the black tea definitely drowned out the currant notes from over steeping :/ I’ll probably pick up a little more of this one.

Flavors: Black Currant

This is really good, but be aware that it is pretty strong. I liked it cold, I was able to steep it twice if I stuck to three minute steeps. I love how currants are fruity without being sweet, it gave the tea a nice fall vibe to it. I would absolutely purchase (this was a sample).

A blend of China black tea and currants, this one has a very fruity aroma. Its totally delicious. The fruitiness is balanced and not overpowering. I dig. Would drink again for sure.

Flavors: Black Currant, Fruity

A nicely balanced tea. Neither too fruity, nor too bland. It is hard for me to describe black currant but it makes me feel nostalgic and is paired well with the Chinese black base.

Flavors: Berry, Black Currant

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

This has become a pleasant morning staple. Once I started adding a little extra tea, I could really taste the currants. It tastes slightly candy-ish, but not in a bad way. Easy to see why this is so popular.

MMMMMMM, this is my favourite H&S tea I’ve had. I find most of them have the same base and there is something about them I don’t like, but this one is different. And the black currant flavour is really natural and the perfect strength.

TTBC2 #14

This tastes a little bit too “generic fruit tea” for me to want to stock up on it, but at the same time it was a very flavorful, nice cup. Something to go well with a meal, when one usually doesn’t ponder upon the complexity of tea flavors – because there isn’t much of it here.

I did enjoy it, though!