Paris Herbal

Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store
Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 10 oz / 304 ml

From Harney & Sons

Over the years Paris has risen to become one of our most popular teas. Many people love the complex blend of fruit, citrus and creamy vanilla, though some do not like the caffeine. To satisfy their request, we made this version of Paris as a tisane, using a rooibos base. For those of you looking for a rooibos/vanilla combination, please try this one. We believe you will love it, too.

About Harney & Sons View company

1919 tasting notes

Building on the success of my Paris Decaf experience last evening, I though I’d give the herbal version a try tonight.

The vanilla smell is pronounced in the tin, no doubt because of the rooibos. The bergamot is less strong in this version, and the caramel is stronger in the balance of the dry blend’s aroma. There’s a berry/currant overtone, but it is subtle.

It’s definitely the Paris flavor profile, but the rooibos version isn’t as wondrous to me as the decaf was last night. I think I would put this the lowest of the three, though I need to go back and revisit the original tea version as I didn’t rate it as highly as I think I might now.

In its favor, it isn’t woody, or hamster cage filler-y. The rooibos is pretty much the canvas on which the flavors are painted, not the painting itself. But the aroma after steeping, and the flavors in the sip aren’t as deep, round, and substantive as they are in the tea version.

It’s Paris lite, really. I could try putting a bit more rooibos in next time as I used level spoons, and that might make a difference, I suppose.

But for now, rating it on the low end of yum.

Flavors: Bergamot, Berry, Black Currant, Caramel, Vanilla

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I am not an herbal tea fan for the most part but my aging body demands more rest so I have had to give up caffeine in the evenings. I have tried many decaf and herbal blends looking for a cup of comfort at bed time but I have not been impressed. I like strong flavors and decry weak and watery brews. H&S Paris herbal is not weak, watery or bland. It is sweet and fruity with a very nice vanilla base note. It is not exactly my idea of “warm comfort”, it is more a happy and perky brew, but I love it all the same. My boyfriend, who is an infrequent tea drinker, begged a cup based on the vanilla aroma while brewing. He likes it well enough I am hiding my tiny stash to ensure it is properly rationed (until I can buy more).
I usually weigh my tea but the rooibos is so fine I didn’t bother. I used 2 level “perfect teaspoon” measures for 500 ml of boiling water. Steeped for 5 minutes.
I don’t usually attempt to re-steep herbals but my limited stash prompted me to try it. While the second steep was definitely weak and watery, the rooibos herb flavor stands out a little more but there is still plenty of vanilla essence for the tastebuds and a smattering of fruitiness too. I will definitely order this again!

Just made a cup of this for a late afternoon treat. Since it is pretty late, no caffeine for me! I used my finun filter but still got a little bit of stray tea in the cup but no biggie. First sip it was a tastey rooibus with a little fruitiness. I could drink this plain but I added sone half and half. I like the creamyness and full body! Yum!

Boiling 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

A great tasting herbal tea to calm you down at night! Reminiscent of earl grey flavoring with bergamot, vanilla, caramel and black currant.

Flavors: Bergamot, Black Currant, Caramel, Citrus, Nutty, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

Thanks for another in the sale, Ost! I was hoping for the exact scent of Paris with this one, but it sadly isn’t quite. Regardless, this might not be the freshest example of this tea. I’m not sure how old it is, but it IS stored well in a tin. But that might become the problem with any tea (age, storage). Even an unflavored tea ages in flavor. I guess any tea review on Steepster might be a little unfair unless the tea is the freshest it can possibly be. And I guess I worry about that a lot, especially if my tasting note is one of the only tasting notes for a tea. ANYWAY, this isn’t a bad tea, but it certainly isn’t at the amazing flavor levels of Paris Black. It is great rooibos base though: full in flavor without throat scratchiness, deep in color. And the rooibos pairs well with the slight berry flavor. I almost want to steep up the Paris Black anyway though. This one is making me crave that one more.

drpastry

I had no idea there was a Paris Herbal! Paris Black was one of the sachets that started me on my tea journey. I’ll always have a soft spot.

tea-sipper

Sadly, not as good though. I can sell you some if you want with the Bluebird order. I have a big tin of it!

drpastry

Thank you, but I will behave and keep my little treat from turning into an indulgence!