Mint Verbena

Lemon Verbena, Peppermint
Mint, Cream, Lemon, Peppermint, Straw
Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Harney & Sons

Caffeine-free mint with Lemon Verbena, a combination of two favorites. Lemon Verbena is a full-bodied herbal, and of course mint is known for its ability to calm a temperamental stomach. An invigorationg new herbal.

Also available in wrapped sachets – Each sachet brews a 12oz cup of tea.

About Harney & Sons View company

I told my roommate to throw my earphones into my mug that was on the table because the last time I left them on the coffee table, my roommate took them! With that being said, I almost poured hot water into my mug because I totally forgot they were there haha
I feel like all my most recent tasting notes are of me complaining about life and midterms and well GIVE ME TWO MORE DAYS THEN I’LL BE BACK TO NORMAL. Seriously though. This past week was super stressful and I just have two more days left till my last midterm! and then two more midterms in about 3-4 weeks ugh :/
Hello, my name is Kyra. I’m a third year in college and I’m currently stu//dying//

But yes, tea! I got this in the sampler cube I bought from Harney like a month or so ago. Dry, it smells like mint with hints of lemon which I /really/ need right now.
I just took a sip and WOW IT’S WAY TOO HOT TOTALLY JUST BURNT MY TONGUE. But with that sip, I feel like I really taste the lemon verbena to the point that it’s not *that enjoyable? Ehh more peppermint would be nice :)

I got this as a sample in my recent order and decided to try it tonight as I wanted something new and a caffeine free tisane. My family used to grow Lemon Verbena and I always loved the smell. It’s a wonderful herb! I never thought of making it into a tea, though.

I’m not loving the smell of the mint and the verbena together – they kind of clash in my nose. I hope they mesh in the mug!

So far it’s a very mild blend. Not too minty, not really overly lemony either. This would be good with chamomile. My roommate is trying this tea with me tonight. He’s not usually a tea drinker, let’s see what he thinks. “Fine, but a funky aftertaste.”

That sounds about right. There is a light sour taste that lingers, which is somewhat cooled by the mint. I don’t know, I think I prefer these two ingredients separately.

This tea changed my life

Cofftea

How so?

Scott Rozic

i enjoy coffee, and have always wanted to really like tea. this is the tea, that i randomly first had outside of a cher show in las vegas, that made me realize that tea exceeds un cafe, and has led me to enjoyably explore the whole field of tea instead of trying to just find a better cup of coffee.

A refreshing iced tea. I love the simple combination of mint and lemon verbena. I only had two bags I bought as samples. I don’t know if it’s worthy to buy again, but still a very nice tea.

Got a sample of this at the Dallas World Aquarium. It is very light and tasty. The mint does not overpower…would be great after a meal or before bed. Before all was said and done I was wishing I had another sample….so it is added to my shopping list.

This tea is absolutely fabulous! I love mint tea anyway (especially iced in the summer) but this blend is stunning! This will brighten your moon and refresh your senses. I’ve got no complaints about this one.

Very minty, but different from other mint teas, more refreshing.

Flavors: Mint

Hooray, I have a computer again, so I can get back to my online life! This came as a sample in my last H&S order. It’s fine, but I didn’t actually taste much from the verbena, it just came across as slightly mild mint tea.

Fjellrev

Yay, glad you have one again and welcome back!

Tamarindel

Thank you! Intense winter weather has been keeping me from seeing my local friends, and it seriously bummed me out when I couldn’t talk to my internet friends either. So nice to be back :)

Fjellrev

Aww, that must have been brutal. I hope you’ll be able to catch up with your local friends soon.

I’m continuing to clean out the backlog with this one. Just two more to go after I finish this review. It seems that I always drag my feet when it comes to reviewing tisanes. Anyway, I found this one to be pretty solid.

I prepared this tisane using a one step Western infusion. I steeped one sachet in 8 ounces of 212 F water for 5 minutes. Obviously, there were no additional infusions.

After infusion, I noted a delightful aroma that was equal parts minty and lemony. In the mouth, I noted a pleasant mixture of lemon and peppermint underpinned by traces of straw and cream. The finish was smooth, offering a lingering balance of lemon and peppermint notes.

After reading the above, it should be pretty obvious that I enjoyed this one. So, why a rating of 78? Why not go higher? Well, I did not really see this as being the kind of tisane I would want to reach for on a regular basis. I really like peppermint and I really like lemon verbena, but I think I like them better separately. While this is a respectable herbal blend, it is the sort of thing that just doesn’t hold as much appeal for me. I would rather have straight peppermint or lemon verbena. Still, I think this is good for what it is.

Flavors: Cream, Lemon, Peppermint, Straw

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is amber brown in color and smells quite minty. It taste minty and sweet like a peppermint pattie. If you like mint, you will like this tea

Flavors: Mint