Lunar New Year 2020

Coconut, Toasted
Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Teatotaler

• “A decent black tea with mostly coconut notes and some lingering toasty notes in the background. It’s fairly tasty as far as coconut goes, nothing fake or artificial as an aftertaste, but it really...” Read full tasting note
  • “I love Tokyo from Harney and Sons, and was very excited to see another sesame seed option. I was going to purchase a tin of Tokyo, but decided to try this one instead. I honestly wish I had just...” Read full tasting note

From Harney & Sons

Throughout Asia during the Spring Festival, also known as the Lunar New Year, people welcome a change in season and what it brings: new beginnings. To honor that tradition, we created this tea blend inspired by Nian Giao, a delicacy made of caramel, sesame and coconut enjoyed during the celebrations.

About Harney & Sons View company

A decent black tea with mostly coconut notes and some lingering toasty notes in the background. It’s fairly tasty as far as coconut goes, nothing fake or artificial as an aftertaste, but it really is a one note tea. Some sips I get a little of the the toasty sesame coming through, not on the first steep, the second is where the coconut turns pleasantly toasty. No bitterness here, I bet this would do well grandpa style in a go cup all day. Not usually the type of tea I gravitate to, but I’ll add it to my tea bag travel stash and sip it down :)

Flavors: Coconut, Toasted

I love Tokyo from Harney and Sons, and was very excited to see another sesame seed option. I was going to purchase a tin of Tokyo, but decided to try this one instead. I honestly wish I had just purchased Tokyo. This one is just okay. I like the sesame seeds and toasted rice with the black tea base, but there is too much coconut, and the caramel flavor turns my stomach a bit. I topped it with some coconut whipped cream from Trader Joe’s, and that made it more bearable. But, overall it was just a bit too sickeningly sweet.