Lunar New Year 2020

Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Teatotaler

1 Tasting Note View all

From Harney & Sons

Throughout Asia during the Spring Festival, also known as the Lunar New Year, people welcome a change in season and what it brings: new beginnings. To honor that tradition, we created this tea blend inspired by Nian Giao, a delicacy made of caramel, sesame and coconut enjoyed during the celebrations.

About Harney & Sons View company

1 Tasting Note

I love Tokyo from Harney and Sons, and was very excited to see another sesame seed option. I was going to purchase a tin of Tokyo, but decided to try this one instead. I honestly wish I had just purchased Tokyo. This one is just okay. I like the sesame seeds and toasted rice with the black tea base, but there is too much coconut, and the caramel flavor turns my stomach a bit. I topped it with some coconut whipped cream from Trader Joe’s, and that made it more bearable. But, overall it was just a bit too sickeningly sweet.