Ginger Orange Green Oolong

Earth, Ginger, Orange, Smooth, Sweet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Love You An Oolong Time! I’m continuing my month-long exploration of the oolongs in my collection, and this one I picked up at Snake River Tea in Boise last May. After a bit of reference librarian...” Read full tasting note

From International Tea Importers

Chinese green oolong, ginger root, orange peel, and ginger and orange flavor.

Recommended Steeping Instructions: 1 tsp per 6 oz, 195 F water, 2-3 min steep

About International Tea Importers View company

1 Tasting Note

Love You An Oolong Time! I’m continuing my month-long exploration of the oolongs in my collection, and this one I picked up at Snake River Tea in Boise last May. After a bit of reference librarian skills, I believe I’ve tracked down that they wholesale the blend from International Tea Importers. I’ve sampled it a few times since then and quite like it, and since I’m still in “ward off the plague” mode, I’ve been craving citrus and ginger flavors.

This tea is really nice… it doesn’t have that strong, spicy ginger heat like the orange ginger tea I tried yesterday. It’s actually very smooth, with just a touch of sweetness. The orange flavor tastes more of mandarin than orange to me, and mixed with the mellow ginger, I’m reminded of a sweet Chinese sauce. The base has this lovely subtle earthy taste which compliments the orange ginger flavor very nicely. I’m really enjoying the gingery flavor without the spicy heat!

Flavors: Earth, Ginger, Orange, Smooth, Sweet