White Champagne Raspberry

Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita
Iced 8 min or more 32 oz / 946 ml

From International Tea Importers

White tea, safflowers with champagne flavor and red raspberry flavors.

About International Tea Importers View company

Since it has been nearly a month now, I figured I should finally get around to copying over the reviews I hastily scribbled in a portable notepad I carried in my purse when I was on vacation Memorial Day Weekend.

This is a pot of tea I shared with Todd at Snake River Tea during my Anime Oasis convention weekend in Boise. It is one of the many teas that they wholesale from International Tea Importers. You can find plenty of iterations of it in the database under many different teashops that carry it from this wholesaler, but I prefer to list under the wholesale source rather than add yet another small teashop to the list, so there you have it.

The aroma of the tea was very floral, almost rosy. The tea was a very pale color and so light and smooth. It had a sweet berry flavor with a subtle floral note. There was a bit of a grape flavor (like an artificial grape flavor, like you find in grape candies or sodas rather than grape fruit) but I didn’t really get any of a champagne like taste or bite, and I’ve certainly tasted a champagne or wine sort of taste in tea before, like I get in Angry Tea Store’s Sparkling Wine or even from International Tea Importers other white tea I’ve tried, Black Fruits Bai Mu Tan. Perhaps this would just present a better flavor iced rather than as a warm pot of tea? In any event, I was unimpressed on the whole. It had a nice delicate floral-fruit taste, but failed to come off with any hint of champagne as advertised… yet the one fruity white tea I’ve tried by the same company tasted far more like wine than this one. Meeeeeeh.

Flavors: Berry, Floral, Fruity, Grapes, Rose, Smooth, Sweet