Ippodo Shincha

Bitter
High
Edit tea info Last updated by MrQuackers

3 Images

• “2017 Ippodo Shincha is Here! I pre-ordered it so that I would get it at the earliest possible moment. And I would have, had the post office not let it sit in my city for 4 days before delivering...” Read full tasting note
  • “Been drinking green tea from Japan for many years. Even had some decent tea from this company. My opinion of this tea was very poor no matter how I prepared it. Even with good quality bottled water...” Read full tasting note

From Ippodo

Product description not available yet.

About Ippodo View company

2017 Ippodo Shincha is Here! I pre-ordered it so that I would get it at the earliest possible moment. And I would have, had the post office not let it sit in my city for 4 days before delivering it. It was shipped on a Monday in Japan, and made it here by Friday 10:00 a.m. where it sat over a long weekend.

The packaging was excellent like it always is from Japan. It was gift wrapped and
A large tin was included. The tea was divided into two air tight satchets.

I followed the instructions for a first brew. 10 g of tea and about 200 mL of water for 40 seconds total. These instructions seemed reasonable for sencha.

The result: good yellow sencha colour, mild sencha taste bordering on grapefruit at the end.

I brewed this several more times. I didn’t note anything in particular.

Unlike the other sencha in my cupboard, I guarantee this did not taste like socks.
I’m going to try some bottled water.

10 g 7 OZ / 200 ML

Been drinking green tea from Japan for many years. Even had some decent tea from this company. My opinion of this tea was very poor no matter how I prepared it. Even with good quality bottled water this tea tasted and smelled like old socks. Unfortunately we purchase quite a bit because Shincha, or new Sencha, is usually tasty. This was not and we wasted a lot of money.

Flavors: Bitter