Zhang Lang Raw (Sheng) Puerh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by JalamTeas
0 min, 15 sec 4 g 6 oz / 177 ml

6 Images

• “I think I’m becoming addicted to this one. I’m not normally a fan of pu-ehr or green teas, but I like this one. Has a tang and brightness to it. Only a short steep is needed at first and can be...” Read full tasting note
  • “I got this in the mail earlier this week, but haven’t had time to sit down with it yet. I took today off to relax, so it’s a perfect day to spend some time with this tea. I liked it right off the...” Read full tasting note

From JalamTeas

A raw powerful tea that we have featured before albeit with a different harvest offering. One of the teas that has garnered the most attention and praise in our collection we are now offering a summer 2014 harvest. Powerful with strains of easy, sweet tangs, harvested and produced by the Bulang minority, it remains one of our JalamTeas’ classics.

Discover this tea even further at: http://www.jalamteas.com/pages/zhang-lang-raw-sheng-puerh

Tasting Notes: Repeatedly complimented by our drinkers, Zhang Lang’s strengths remain in its ability to carry both subtle tones and strength into the mouth. A great ageing tea with true green strength it is important to play a little with infusion times and amounts of leaves used as some will find this tea can become too much in the mouth. This tea has had a fair amount of time to age and settle but it retains its inherent power and for this reason we think it a great tea to age.

About JalamTeas View company

I think I’m becoming addicted to this one. I’m not normally a fan of pu-ehr or green teas, but I like this one. Has a tang and brightness to it. Only a short steep is needed at first and can be resteeped up to 20 times. I think what I enjoy most about this tea is the ritual I’ve built around it by steeping using a traditional gaiwan.

0 min, 15 sec 4 g 6 OZ / 177 ML

I liked it right off the bat. As the information card notes, it has a sweet tang to it. I decided that this was an apricot sweetness with kind of a sour note, like a sweet and sour flavor. Very interesting! I love when a tea has a unique characteristic that makes me want to come back again. This one has that. The texture is slightly oily, which sounds bad, but it’s kind of how I find good sheng texture thickness. This one isn’t that thick but has that smoothness. It was not hard on my stomach at all, which is also nice. Overall, a very good sheng!

boychik