Honeybush Tea
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 16 oz / 473 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “My roomie picked up some of this while she was living in New Zealand – apparently feijoa is a pretty popular fruit over there? It’s a bit of a weird flavour – we had it in some drinks and...” Read full tasting note

From Kerikeri Organic Tea

Product description not available yet.

About Kerikeri Organic Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

My roomie picked up some of this while she was living in New Zealand – apparently feijoa is a pretty popular fruit over there? It’s a bit of a weird flavour – we had it in some drinks and chocolates over there while I was visiting her. It’s a bit floral-fruity and definitely has that “exotic” fruit flavour (i.e. not a flavour that’s familiar). It could be misconstrued as overripe too, I believe.

Anyhow, the tea! It’s actually a reasonably accurate representation of what I know to be feijoa flavour (although admittedly I didn’t have the actual fruit, so I could be wrong) – the aroma is fruity, sweet, and almost fig-like, and the flavour is very similar, although not quite as intense as the aroma. The green honey bush works well here – unobtrusive, and no throat scratchiness. Overall, not a flavour I overly care for, but I think it’s a well-done tea. Withholding a rating; personally it’s probably in the 40s as I don’t really want much more, but if one likes feijoa, it’s probably 80+.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML