2019 Autumn Wild White Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

From Ketlee.in

2019 Autumn Wild White Tea

The dry leaf has a dominantly flowery aroma, on the heated teaware it smells very fruity with notes of ripe guava, banana and kiwi. Also present is a hint of white flower with some honeysuckle sweetness. Like all our wild white teas, the liquor is thick and coats your mouth evenly. Dominantly flowery and fruity, the liquor is smooth with very little astringency.

Appearance : Sunset Yellow

Taste : Honeysuckle, white flowers, banana, kiwi, guava, honey

Grade : Wild Gushu Early Autumn Harvest 2019

About Ketlee.in View company

1 Tasting Note

Made myself a mug of this tea last Tuesday and, since I was with friends, I didn’t pay a ton of active attention on the tea and instead just tried to be present in the conversation. I remember thinking that this was pretty tasty, but I didn’t naturally gravitate towards the cup as much as I have with other white teas in the past.

It’s not my first Indian grown white tea, but I feel like that’s still a terroir and tea type combination that I haven’t found solid footing with yet. I just read the company’s tasting notes for the tea though and I find the descriptions of florals like honeysuckle really resonating with me. I’d say maybe even dandelion as well!? Certainly not fruity though, just based on this experience.