Euphoria

Yerba maté Tea
Chocolate, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by High Adventure

• “Tea #2 by Kusmi to try, I think I had the highest hopes for this one out of any tea in the wellness collection. It’s raining here and I’m grumpy! I could use some Euphoria, I think. This is a...” Read full tasting note
  • “I desperately wanted some Euphoria today (and needed some energy) so I pulled this one out. It didn’t smell good to me, but I made it anyway for the aforementioned reasons. Let this be a lesson...” Read full tasting note
  • “my first Kusmi tea experience – there is a Kusmi boutique on Saint Denis in Montréal that I stumbled on this afternoon in the blistering cold, and ended up picking up a few bags of loose teas to...” Read full tasting note
  • “I normally hate the combination of orange and chocolate – those chocolate orange balls you smack and eat like orange segments? Not my cup of tea. This tea, however, is totally my cup of tea. The...” Read full tasting note

From Kusmi Tea

The latest in the Kusmi Tea’s wellness line, Euphoria is a blend of roasted maté, chocolate, and orange. Appreciated throughout South America for its stimulating virtues, the yerba maté is a plant that has been consumed by generations of indigenous people in Brazil and in Paraguay.

Chocolate works as an instant mood booster, helping to release endorphins as it lifts your spirits. The orange provides the perfect sunny note for a warm and comforting blend. The benefits of maté, combined with those of the chocolate and orange makes Euphoria the ideal drink to boost your mood. Chocolate lovers who fell for its taste but also for the pleasure it provides can now enjoy it with out the feelings of guilt. This exquisite blend with zero calories combines wellness and pleasure.

To be enjoyed to your hearts content!

We suggest to enjoy this tea during the afternoon.

Main flavor: Chocolate and orange

About Kusmi Tea View company

This is a pretty good blend, IMO the orange flavor overpowers the chocolate. I think the roasted mate is a nice touch here. Still I prefer the mate blends form Fusion Tea Room, this is nice but it seems like Kusmi is very heavy handed on the spices & flavorings in my opinion. The Imperial Blend I had yesterday also had a very strong orange element and I’m not sure I like drinking orange in tea at all! :)

Pretty good but not sure I’d go out of my way to buy a larger size…

I desperately wanted some Euphoria today (and needed some energy) so I pulled this one out. It didn’t smell good to me, but I made it anyway for the aforementioned reasons. Let this be a lesson to me: always follow the nose!

my first Kusmi tea experience – there is a Kusmi boutique on Saint Denis in Montréal that I stumbled on this afternoon in the blistering cold, and ended up picking up a few bags of loose teas to try as a treat. the price point for this tea is definitely a few levels above my usual of DavidsTEA. but i must say the aroma of the dry maté was fabulous. i might need to try this again with less tea or less steeping time, because the flavour was almost too powerful. More orangey than chocolate once it’s steeped and ready to drink. i think id like to try this with some hot milk next time.

This tea, however, is totally my cup of tea. The loose tea in the tin has a very strong aroma – you open it and you get that immediate whiff of chocolate with a touch of orange.

Steeped in the cup, you still smell the chocolate, but the orange dominates the flavor and the chocolate remains on your tongue in the aftertaste. It still helps kill my chocolate cravings.

Also, the Kusmi tin says it’s strongly caffeinated – I’ve noticed it’s strong and sweet enough to perk me up in the afternoon for a mid-afternoon class and keeps me up to get my reading done. I will admit that my main source of caffeine is tea or coffee and soda gives me jitters, so your mileage may vary.

The first cup I made using a teaspoon and a half of tea in my strainer was strong (nearly as black as a coffee americano), sweet, and thick with no bitterness. I reused the tea in the strainer for a second cup which I steeped for about seven minutes – it was substantially weaker (light, golden brown) with more balance between the flavors on the tongue but a lighter aroma.

This is a keeper, especially if you have cravings for chocolate but not the calories.

Wow, this tea is candy-like, it smells of some orange and cream candy you can buy in Denmark, very nice, I have to say.

As mentioned, the leaves smells nice and sweet; like milk chocolate combined with sweet orange aroma, the roasted maté is not noticeable though.

The liquid tea is quite dark orangish-brown in color, and smelled so sweet, that I really feel of the chair… oh wait I’m just kidding, but it really is SWEET.

It has a chocolate flavor, I really don’t remember from other Kusmi-teas, it’s milk chocolate and very sweet. The orange is in fact the dominating part, when you drink it, and it really is all over your mouth, not only in the beginning of the sip, or in the end, it is all over your mouth. The chocolate is only there at the end of the sip, and when you just swallow, a melody of roastyness and coffeeness is revealed.

The orange aroma in this tea is not that fresh orange flavor, it’s that candy-like orange flavor. No other chocolate tea from Kusmi has a sweeter chocolate taste than this, it’s very sugary, and totally feels like sniffing to a block of milk chocolate, but do you know what? I like it!
Totally enjoyable, if you aren’t scared of sweet things!
Since I really can’t see what’s bad about it, I’m going to give this a high rating.
It does not overtake their Imperial Label, their Samovar and their St Petersburg though, but it belongs in top 5, definitely.

Oh my, this is good.

I got my cupboard inventoried, and everything is in my Steepster cupboard now except one Verdant pu-erh sample that doesn’t have a database entry.

I didn’t want more of the iced tea, so I decided a little pick-me-up was in order. Went with Euphoria since the idea of something chocolate-y appealed.

I steeped it in my ingenuiTea since I didn’t want the bits floating through one of my screen infusers. It worked well. Decided to try it with half&half since the last mate I tried didn’t really impress me without cream and sweetening. Added some half & half and Splenda to a mug, whipped it with my frother and decanted the mate into it.

Some people who reviewed it said the orange is more prevalent, but I think it’s really nicely balanced with the half & half – that brings the chocolate out. It’s like a good quality milk chocolate bar with orange flavoring. Reminds me a lot of a nice hot cocoa, but without cocoa’s thickness. Cocoa is always a little too thick to me. It’s a mouthfeel thing.

I definitely like this enough to drink the rest of the sample tin.

I LOVE THIS TEA. It’s so evocative of… Russia? Toasty mate with a kick of orange and a hint of bittersweet chocolate all somehow come together in a clean, unmuddled way. Delicious smells and good tannins, but the flavor isn’t nearly as strong as the smell (which I like – a tea that tasted as strong as this one smells would overwhelm me). I could see this being nice with a dash of milk, but I almost always take my tea plain. I’ll have to buy more once this small sample is gone.

Second steeping: smell is more toasty, less orange and chocolate. Flavor is much more black tea/mate. Doesn’t resteep so well (probably because of the herbal flavorings). Means I’ll be going though this one pretty quickly.

Oh yes – and a good kick, too!

Hmmm nah. I was not really impressed with this, but drank it anyway for testing’s sake and for the caffeine. Without milk, this smells and tastes gross. The combination of the strong orange with the roasted mate and the chocolate just tasted wrong completely. With soy milk and sweetener, I found it okay. I was really expecting the Jaffa taste to come with the dry, Jaffa-like smell, but it has a thick, strong, liqueur-like tastes that was really unappealing to me. I’ve had worse, but this is one tea I’m pretty glad I got as a single sachet sample.

Well, I was correct – this tea does make a pretty stellar latte.

I drank it earlier today on shift as an iced latte; I can’t even remember what the last hot tea I drank was. At this point, with the current weather, drinking hot tea on shift is just too much on top of working. I need something cool, and refreshing to not feel burnt out.

The chocolate marries really well to the milk though, creating a very silky lighter milk chocolate taste. The orange does blend super seamlessly as it still stands out as very bright and juicy. Despite not mixing together perfectly, it does still compliment the overall flavour a lot though. It’s a nice sweet blend with that great juxtaposition between sweet, creamy indulgent chocolate which is more of a candy/confection sort of thing and naturally sweet fruit notes.

Tried in-store. This tastes beautifully like a chocolate orange. The chocolate flavor lingers pleasantly after the sip. I would call this a great dinner dessert tea but with the caffeine content it’s probably better as a morning latte.

Roswell Strange

Good to know! I’ve got a tin of this one on the way ^^