Anastasia

Black Fruit Blend
Bergamot, Ceylon Black Tea, Chinese Black Tea, Flowers, Lemon, Lime
Bergamot, Orange, Citrus, Honey, Lime, Orange Blossom, Earl Grey, Bitter, Floral, Tea, Lemon
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Teatotaler

• “I have been absent from Steepster because a large group of people descended upon my home, these people were always needing to be fed, whining about how the shower they took was cold and always...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve been sipping away at this without even thinking! My first day of training got cancelled, nooooo, but I go tomorrow. I went to the mall anyway to confirm my suspicions that I have no idea how...” Read full tasting note
  • “I had thist tea with lunch and I greatly enjoyed it. The base was fragrant, full-bodied and a little malty.. The addition of a variety of citrus really worked well with the base. I definitely need...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m beginning to think Kusmi can do no wrong with black teas. This is the 4th I have tried, and it’s very good. Latte’d it up today, because it’s just one of those days where you’re lucky I got out...” Read full tasting note

From Kusmi Tea

Blend of black teas from China and Ceylon flavored with natural essences of bergamot, lemon, lime and orange blossom. Russian blend.

Tasting advice: delicious plain or sweetened

TEA PROFILE
Origin: China and Ceylon
Main flavor: citrus with a fruity note
Quantity needed: 0,1 oz.

PREPARATION
Time of day: all day
Ideal water temperature: 185°F – 195°F
Recommended brewing time: 3-4 min

About Kusmi Tea View company

This is a review from about a week ago, as the page for this tea has been down.

This seems to be Kusmi’s version of a Lady Grey. It’s less intense than Twining’s Lady Grey, but has a similar “Froot Loopy” flavour. I don’t remember much else about this. It’s not remarkable, but it’s nice.

This tea is a staple in my collection and one that I drink on a daily basis, preferably in the morning, as it helps wake me up. Although the tea does have a fragrance of lemon, the taste of lemon is not always that noticeable, often only surfacing in the after-taste. Nonetheless, I think Anastasia is a timeless earl grey, whose hints of lemon enrich it and set it apart from other earl grey teas.

Monthly TTB Club.

This is a good tea, but not quite to my tastes. I prefer my earl grey with either a stronger floral flavor, or with vanilla or cream flavors. But I would recommend this to anyone who likes citrus black teas. It has a mild flavor, isn’t bitter, and the flavors come together well and taste very natural. I won’t restock, since it’s not my favorite tea, but I do recommend it for anyone looking for this kind of flavor.

For some reason, bergamot and I don’t always get along when it comes to tea. It’s quite hit or miss with me. I picked up an adorable sample tin of this sometime a year or two ago— it came as part of a sampler set. Though the teas were definitely of good quality, I wasn’t a huge fan of most of the others. However, I rather liked this one.

Smooth and sweet black tea base. The flavouring isn’t too overwhelming— the bergamot is tempered a little by the lemon, lime and subtle orange blossom notes. Quite comforting, like being wrapped up in a warm blanket.

Tealizzy

I seem to like bergamot with added flavors, like other citrus. This sounds nice. :)

Tasty! Would drink again. Would also pair with almond-flavor cookies.

Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML

The smell is nice, and there are some nice flavors, citrus specifically. That said, it is basically a fancy pants Earl Grey tea. If you like Earl Grey, you will like this. I will pass.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Backlog 3/67

This tea came in from either Cameron or Mandy and I’m not sure which. Sorry. I got both packages at the same time and I’m so confused about which were which now >_<

I can’t say terrible much about this tea. I jotted down notes while tasting last night because I was otherwise busy and I brewed up like 8 teas in a row. My notes for this one were: Flowers, tea (for aroma) and tea, bitter (for taste).
I didn’t get any floral note in the flavor. But the scent was definitely there.
I am not sure what this tea is meant to taste like, but to me it was just a vaguely bitter flavorless tea that was overall kinda flat. I didn’t get anything more than that out of it.

But as always, I enjoyed trying it. Thanks for sending it, Cameron or Mandy. XD

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Tea

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cameron B.

Hm, I don’t usually have issues with these teas being bitter. But I do brew it at around 200 degrees so maybe that makes a difference? This one is a bergamot tea and it has lemon and lime flavors with orange blossom.

Arshness

I didn’t notice any flavors in it is the thing. I don’t know if maybe the bag let too much air to it or what, but it didn’t have much of a taste. The bitter was mild, but there just weren’t any other flavors I could notice. Maybe the bergamot tricked me into thinking bitter. I didn’t realize bergamot was in it to begin with. :)

I have a small tin of this tea I hadn´t looked at for a long time, but today I decided to give it another try. Still very fragrant nose, still a fading away fragrance when steeping, but I liked it better than when I logged it last time. Maybe I even noticed the orange blossom today (very subtle) as well. I was skyping when having the tea and so, it cooled down quite a bit, but the drink didn´t turn bitter and kept its aroma, which I consider a positive thing.

Flavors: Bergamot, Orange Blossom

T&C TTB Tea #15 Backlog May 27

I guess I’m not really a fan of Kusmi’s teas. I had a bunch I wanted to try and was able to do so with this TTB, however was ultimately disappointed.

This one, not any different.

I found it astringent. It made my teeth hurt, maybe I have some kind of dental issues!

It was similar to St Petersberg but not nearly as good. The bergamot seemed weak to me.
It was similar to Troika, I couldn’t even tell you the difference.

Not my thing. I do not enjoy lemon/lime flavours in black teas. No sir I do not.

I was gifted a Russian Black Kusmi tea set last Christmas and fell in love with the entire brand. This wasn’t one of my favourites initially , but I recently tried it with foamed milk, sugar, and vanilla bean paste and it was so delicious (any of that range tastes amazing this way – VB paste adds a great flavour without the bitterness of essence.) I recently bought the larger tin and have used it in shortbread, lattes, and straight.

Flavors: Bergamot, Lemon