AquaRosa

Fruity, Hibiscus, Tart
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet, Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Jodie

• “My brother in law brought this tea for me from France. He doesn’t know much about tea and asked someone there to recommend some good teas for a family member. Unfortunately neither he nor the...” Read full tasting note
  • “I tried this on a train home, and since this is my first review I wanted to try a tea that’s completely new to me instead of reviewing a tea that I already know and love. I will say that I did...” Read full tasting note

From Kusmi Tea

AquaRosa, a fruit tea from Kusmi Tea, is inspired by Abyssinian pink tea, a blend based on hibiscus, originally from East Africa.

Its intense blushing pink colour offers a clear hint to its tangy and fruity flavour. Made from hibiscus, the main ingredient that gives it its pink tinge apple, and red and black berries, this rich blend is a real call to summer.

Theine-free, this fruit tea can be drunk hot or iced at any time of day.

About Kusmi Tea View company

My brother in law brought this tea for me from France. He doesn’t know much about tea and asked someone there to recommend some good teas for a family member. Unfortunately neither he nor the person selecting the tea knew of my disdain for hibiscus in teas.

From the dry scent, I could tell it would be a tart, fruity tea. I prepared in advanced by mixing in some honey before I drank it. It helped a bit but that devil dog we call hibiscus still is prominent. I cannot fault a dog for being a dog. But I don’t think this tea is on any of my favorite lists.

Flavors: Fruity, Hibiscus, Tart

I tried this on a train home, and since this is my first review I wanted to try a tea that’s completely new to me instead of reviewing a tea that I already know and love. I will say that I did drink it in a paper cup – please don’t judge, it’s the only thing they had – so that might explain why I didn’t like this tea very much.
The first thing I immediately tasted was the berries, which to me was the strongest flavour in this tea. Then I got the hibiscus, which I like a lot, it was almost as intense as the berries. The tea itself is very sweet in its taste (and I didn’t put any sugar in it). It reminded me of Gummibärchen, you know, those Haribo bear things? That’s the first thing it reminded me of, along with a bath with candles on a late summer night, which I think the name of the tea evokes as well.
The flavours died rapidly though, and I think it was either the apple texture (which I loathe), or just the paper cup.
AquaRosa is not a tea I’d drink for fun, but I do think it’s pretty nice if you need comfort on a long trip. I recommend it iced more than hot, as well.