White Anastasia

Bergamot, Citrus, Bitter, Floral, Lemon
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

2 Images

• “Kusmi Tea White Anastasia, the special blend for the celebration of its 100th anniversary. Since I’ve already used to drinking Taiwanese black tea and oolong tea, my palate can’t take the strong...” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 7:00 PM With my head still hurting, I wanted a comforting tea that I was sure to enjoy. And I happen to have not written about this one yet! Perfect. It came out a little bit bitter, next...” Read full tasting note
  • “Cameron B sent some Anastasia in a swap and I was swept off my feet by it. When I expressed interest in trying the white tea version, she said she owned that one, too, and generously volunteered to...” Read full tasting note
  • “Pretty sure I’ve never had a white Earl Grey before, so it’s hard to compare. Though, so far there isn’t much to compare anyway, because it mainly just seems really light/mild. There is a...” Read full tasting note

From Kusmi Tea

Ever faithful to its values and rich heritage, Kusmi has now created White Anastasia, a new version of its iconic Anastasia recipe that is celebrating its 100th anniversary. This white tea blend, is the delicate combination of orange blossom, bergamot, and lemon which subtly perfume the white tea leaves, ravishing connoisseurs of exceptional recipes.

About Kusmi Tea View company

Kusmi Tea White Anastasia, the special blend for the celebration of its 100th anniversary. Since I’ve already used to drinking Taiwanese black tea and oolong tea, my palate can’t take the strong British style black tea nor the special blend tea ( like sea salt caramel oolong tea from Dammann Frères).

Dry leaf: The strong citrus aroma rushed into my nose. It should come from bergamot essential oil.
Taste: High note of citrus took over the first 3 seconds but the subtle freshness of green tea appeared. After one or two sips of this tea, you can feel the vibrant lemon aroma lingering in your mouth.
My Brewing: I first fellow the instruction, but the second time I used 3g of tea with 500ml water. This is just about right for me.

More tea review? Check my blog! Hit my profile for the link. OR,

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus

195 °F / 90 °C 1 min, 30 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 230 ML

Home – 7:00 PM

It came out a little bit bitter, next time I’ll be sure to shorten the steep to 2-2.5 minutes. Or perhaps I’ll try it at 175. Anyway, this is very tasty. I am a big fan of the original Anastasia and this one is just as tasty. The bergamot is strong enough to make itself known, but it doesn’t taste perfumey as bergamot sometimes can. The lemon adds a nice brightness and lifts the blend a bit. There’s just a little bit of floral, and it complements the other flavors well without being overpowering.

I would like to taste the white tea more, but that could be my own fault for slightly oversteeping this!

Anyway, extremely tasty. Would highly recommend!

Flavors: Bergamot, Bitter, Floral, Lemon

Cameron B sent some Anastasia in a swap and I was swept off my feet by it. When I expressed interest in trying the white tea version, she said she owned that one, too, and generously volunteered to send me a sample of that…as well as a ton of other great looking teas!

This is everything I wanted it to be. I am not a fan of many Earl Grey teas but I like bergamot done right. Anastasia was captivating, and White Anastasia is just as good. Even hubby liked it when I offered him a sip, which is great because he doesnt drink much black tea as he always wants milk and sugar in it and he wants to forego those to be healthier.

The white version has the same lovely flavors, a hint of briskness, possibly from the tea but also likely from the citrus, and is soft and gentle at the same time that it is flavorful and commands your attention. There is room for both on my shelf. I love the addition of orange blossom in this.

Funny thing – I was reading a novel (The Weed That Strings The Hangman’s Bag) while I was drinking my tea and the main character goes into the St. Nicholas Tea Room, which boasts a silver samovar they call Peter the Great that supposedly made tea for “Tsar Nicholas and his unfortunate daughters.” One of whom was Anastasia, of course! Isn’t life funny with its many coincidences?

Thank you enormously, Cameron B! A Kusmi order is on the horizon, and will probably include both Anastasias as well as Troika.

Pretty sure I’ve never had a white Earl Grey before, so it’s hard to compare. Though, so far there isn’t much to compare anyway, because it mainly just seems really light/mild. There is a sour-fruity, citrusy taste, and just a hint of the white tea, but I think I’ll need to make it stronger next time.