Pu Er Imperial

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Xitine
Boiling 1 min, 0 sec 4 g 3 oz / 100 ml

• “Finished this off today so may as well write it up. This was a present from a well meaning friend who heard me mention a while back that I wanted to get into puerh teas. It’s a loose leaf shou...” Read full tasting note
  • “A decent pu erh. The first cup was a bit boring, since I steeped my 4 g sample for only a mnute. The second cup was somewhere between sweet and savoury tastes, with only a hint of earthiness....” Read full tasting note

From Le Palais des Thes

A dark tea, used in traditional Chinese medecine for its cleansing, digestive qualities. A superb plucking with the powerful aroma of wet earth.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

Finished this off today so may as well write it up. This was a present from a well meaning friend who heard me mention a while back that I wanted to get into puerh teas. It’s a loose leaf shou puerh and not bad as an introduction, with almost no fermentation flavour. I have to say that there isn’t much flavour or depth to it brewed gong fu.

However, it makes a very nice cup when brewed western style, hearty with a somewhat thick mouthfeel. Overall, not bad as an introduction to shou puerh but you can definitely do better.

A decent pu erh. The first cup was a bit boring, since I steeped my 4 g sample for only a mnute. The second cup was somewhere between sweet and savoury tastes, with only a hint of earthiness. Quite “light” for a pu erh. It would work well as an everyday drink, I suppose.

Boiling 1 min, 0 sec 4 g 3 OZ / 100 ML