Lipton Black Tea

Astringent, Bitter, Herbs, Medicinal, Wood, Tea, Honey, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by lampbane

From Lipton

The tea that started it all. LIPTON Orange Pekoe and Pekoe cut black tea is the perfect blend for the perfect cup of tea. Our original tea has been brewed for years for a reason: it tastes delicious.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

Bagged tea sipdown. I usually just drink Lipton Iced, as I hate bagged teas hot. But I did this one at 212 degrees, let the water cool 5 min, then steeped for literally 60sec. Tastes fine. Pretty cheap flavor, but not strong or bitter.

Generic tea, nothing special. But beggars can’t be choosers, when this is usually given for free in the plane, meetings, conferences, or the lounge area at the office.

Delicious with a little sugar and maple syrup.

I had to make this the first tea I rated, because it was the first tea I ever drank. I will keep this short. It isn’t the worst tea I ever had, it isn’t the best. It is still around so they must be doing something right and to the fact that I would not be an avid tea drinker today without them, I pay them homage. A final note, my Grandmother, who introduced me to tea, has recently switched to Tetley. I Hate Tetley, so thanks for introducing me when you did Grandma!

I admit, I’m biased when it comes to this tea. I grew up drinking this tea; both hot and cold. Compared to other plain black teas, it’s not very strong, but if you’re looking for a simple, inexpensive black tea to keep around, I’d recommend this one, because it works as sweet tea, plain tea, and even a nice hot cup with a dash of milk and some sugar. You can’t go wrong with Lipton.

Apparently I am not the only one who is not a fan of this tea. For some reason, Lipton black tea gets a funky, bitter, almost rotten taste after being stored in plastic bottles for over a week. Of course, this could be the result of the bottles I’m storing it in, but I would not expect for it to become undrinkable. If I use the tea within a week, it is okay. There is nothing particularly outstanding about the way the black tea tastes, but it is drinkable if you’re in a pinch or if it is all you have on hand.

Iced

So I had a long day out(17 hour work day) and someone I was with was sent to get tea, came back with lipton, knew that this could happen. I haven’t had it in years, first sip and I just spit it out, tasted like someone took part of one tea leaf and put it in a bad with a bunch of dirt, it tastes like dirty water.

This is a lot coming from me because I can pretty much enjoy most brands of cheap tea even though I prefer quality.

WORST BRAND OF TEA EVER, store brands beat this, I don’t remember it being this bad, did they change something?

I grew up drinking Lipton black tea, so it’s nostalgic if nothing else. But, it’s my standard, cheap black tea. Also, it reminds me of my preferred bike touring meal at diners; salad, blt, fries and a hot cup of black tea. mmm.

one of the few teas i have with milk. a good standby when i can’t be bothered to fiddle with loose leaf teas, which is not very often.

It’s a cheap, old faithful. I come back to this because I was raised on it. Several of my friends want a tea they can put milk and sugar in, so we find this does a more than adequate job.