Black Oolong Blend
Creamy, Vanilla, Cocoa, Smooth, Wood, Dark Chocolate, Dark Wood, Decayed wood, Earth, Leather, Mineral, Tannin, Tobacco, Sweet, Cherry Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Liquid Proust

• “Sipdown I was drinking this on Saturday evening before bed, but with the result of it being a black tea, my bedtime came later. Ha-ha. I oftentimes will have a sample of oolong, shou, or green tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “Backlog 20May17- Vanilla, woody, cocoa, 6g at 200F 3 min – vanilla, wood, smooth, comforting especially on this cold and rainy day. 3 and 4 min – vanilla staying power. A nice comforting cup of...” Read full tasting note
  • “GGTTB6 sample that I removed to try later. I used about 3/4 of a teaspoon because I wanted to make sure there was enough for others to try too. I brew small pots of tea most of the time...” Read full tasting note
  • “GCTTB Round Six I was very excited to see this one included in the tea box because it’s one I’ve felt drawn to for a while because of the name but that I’ve never really been willing to order for...” Read full tasting note

From Liquid Proust Teas

Product description not available yet.

About Liquid Proust Teas View company

Sipdown

I was drinking this on Saturday evening before bed, but with the result of it being a black tea, my bedtime came later. Ha-ha. I oftentimes will have a sample of oolong, shou, or green tea prior to bed, but I’ve been in the “drinking down my samples” mood. I’ve acquired more tea through swaps with friends, rather than the actual tea that I own, so it is my goal to have everything finished by next summer. Ha-ha. I think that this one here is the last of the LP tea blends. I may be wrong, but I’ll find out after digging down to the bottom of the tea sample boxes…..

Notes: Creamy vanilla; almost reminds me of pancakes.

Edit: This was not from a swap, but the “sipdown” stuff will get thrown into those boxes as well. ;P

Flavors: Creamy, Vanilla

Backlog 20May17-
Vanilla, woody, cocoa, 6g at 200F
3 and 4 min – vanilla staying power.
A nice comforting cup of tea during unseasonable weather.

Flavors: Cocoa, Smooth, Vanilla, Wood

1971 tasting notes

GGTTB6 sample that I removed to try later. I used about 3/4 of a teaspoon because I wanted to make sure there was enough for others to try too. I brew small pots of tea most of the time anyway.

Looseleaf: Beautiful orange sandlewood contrasted against dark black tea.

Steep 1: Used 1 tsp leaf in 250 mL hot water
Very deep and rich. Minerals, cocoa, leather? not exactly smoke, more like tanned leather, lots of tannins, but never bitter or tannic. Extremely complex and flavourful.

Steep 2: 250mL hot (90 deg C water)
Dark chocolate, the smell of tobacco cigars and incense, dark/old wood like from a really old antique shelf.

Steep 3: "
More woody than the previous steeps, quite Earthy tones (not like wet soil, more like dry decayed wood, tanned leather, minerals in rich cocoa powder). Less rich and more Earthy.

Yet another mind blowing blends from LP. I’ve never had anything quite like this.

Flavors: Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Dark Wood, Decayed wood, Earth, Leather, Mineral, Tannin, Tobacco, Wood

GCTTB Round Six

I was very excited to see this one included in the tea box because it’s one I’ve felt drawn to for a while because of the name but that I’ve never really been willing to order for myself because I dislike sandalwood a lot. So, getting to try it low risk here was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up.

I was surprised when I tried it that I thought the strongest note was the vanilla; I full expected to be over taken by the sandalwood and instead it was very light, soft and tasteful. I liked it a lot paired with the vanilla, and I thought overall the drink was really silky and even a little exotic feeling? Mostly I liked that there was an air of exoticism without relying at all on tropical fruits. That was refreshing.

Didn’t make me feel nostalgic though; likely because I don’t have anything I strongly associate with sandalwood other than general distaste for it. Hard to build nostalgia off a starting point like that…

But yes, tasty and not scary at all!

Daylon R Thomas

It reminded me of Thailand and made me imagine Indonesia.

Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Six – Tea #23
Sorry everyone, this one was a teabox sipdown! I thought there would be one serving left when I started scooping but nope. I like where this tea was going. There seemed to be very complimentary ingredients here. I wish I was tasting more vanilla though! The black tea and roasted oolong worked very well together. The black tea reminded me of a light Laoshan black. The sandalwood didn’t overwhelm the tea — a nice subtle flavor that was a nice addition. A comforting three steeps, definitely!

Think I brewed this wrong because it is sort of a plain black tea. Bland and generic. Though, I think that is on me and not a reflection of the tea so we will see how subsequent brews go with this in the future.

tea-sipper

The teabox has some of this I get to try!

Really enjoying how the vanilla is worked into this — it’s not a strong vanilla at all, but it’s distinctive, and makes a great accent for the woodsy base teas. Oolong and black teas are not something I usually see blended, but I think it works here, probably because the oolong is so dark.

Opened this one today. On first sip, it actually reminds me quite of lot of French Toast Dianhong, in as much as the creamy vanilla flavour is very similar, and the black tea base is quite light and definitely chocolatey. I used 1 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 3 minutes in boiling water. I wasn’t sure whether to go with boiling at first because of the oolong, but I figured it was worth a try – I mean, what’s the worst that could happen?

I almost get vanilla chocolate brownie from this one, except the flavour isn’t quite as full or rich as that would suggest. All the elements are there, though, and I might try a longer brew time for my next cup to see how that impacts things.

The oolong is a lot less prominent than I thought it might be. Mostly, I can taste the Fujian black and the vanilla, with only a little woodiness/mineral from the oolong. Also, something that’s putting me in mind of coconut. It works, though, somehow! A delicious start to the morning, and the work week.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Nostalgia-a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations. (Defined by Google).

This is the perfect tea for me at the moment. I have had a very retrospective and nostalgic past day or so. Coming up soon is the beginning of my fourth year since the first of my life-changing brain injuries.

What ifs and questions about existence and consciousness are always interesting to think about. Though the thoughts aren’t very productive, I enjoy the feeling of being mind-blown from time to time. This time, this beautiful and powerful music was playing in the background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcihcYEOeic

I had lunch with two old track and field teammates from high school yesterday. I also had a lifelong friend over for supper. The conversations brought back good memories but also wishful thinking that made me want to go back in time when life was easier, simpler, more fun, and less painful. Life goes on however, and I must “forge ahead” as my Dad says and be thankful for everything that I do have, including my memories—good and bad.

Now on to the tea: The shui xian is at the forefront. Personally, I wish that there were a little less of it as it’s a bit overpowering. I’m getting the vanilla in the background, and I’m not sure what sandalwood tastes like, but I have about 5 pieces of it in the steeping container (I made it Western). Though it’s not my favorite, it is a very enjoyable tea for these moments. Thanks Andrew for everything that you do for the tea community. And thanks to everyone else. Tea has been something that I look forward to every day, no matter how I’m feeling.

ashmanra

Lovely note.

dexter sent this one m way and sadly it falls flat. I followed suggested steeping times and all i’m getting is a sort of black blend. there’s no vanilla or cocoa…just black and oolong hanging out doing weird things together. Oh well, happy i got a chance to try this one a couple times – just couldn’t make it work. thanks for the share dexter! appreciate it!