Black Oolong Blend
Smooth, Vanilla, Creamy, Fishy, Cocoa, Wood, Oak wood, Dark Chocolate, Dark Wood, Decayed wood, Earth, Leather, Mineral, Tannin, Tobacco, Sweet, Cherry Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Liquid Proust

• “Tea Advent Calendar – Day 12 Honestly wasn’t the biggest fan of this one. It was a light, smooth blend with just a ghost of vanilla flavor…would have liked either a more robust base tea or more...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown I was drinking this on Saturday evening before bed, but with the result of it being a black tea, my bedtime came later. Ha-ha. I oftentimes will have a sample of oolong, shou, or green tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “A very light cup. Perhaps because of the oolong? I think maybe I should play around with the steeping parameters on this because I know there’s more flavor in this tea than I am getting.” Read full tasting note
  • “Work sipdown. The lower temperature water available at work stopped the wood note that I didn’t like in this tea. Probably because the temp was too low to extract it. I did get creamy vanilla...” Read full tasting note

From Liquid Proust Teas

Product description not available yet.

About Liquid Proust Teas View company

Tea Advent Calendar – Day 12

Honestly wasn’t the biggest fan of this one. It was a light, smooth blend with just a ghost of vanilla flavor…would have liked either a more robust base tea or more vanilla.

Flavors: Smooth, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Shae

I didn’t get much flavor from this one either, but I thought it was just me!

Sipdown

I was drinking this on Saturday evening before bed, but with the result of it being a black tea, my bedtime came later. Ha-ha. I oftentimes will have a sample of oolong, shou, or green tea prior to bed, but I’ve been in the “drinking down my samples” mood. I’ve acquired more tea through swaps with friends, rather than the actual tea that I own, so it is my goal to have everything finished by next summer. Ha-ha. I think that this one here is the last of the LP tea blends. I may be wrong, but I’ll find out after digging down to the bottom of the tea sample boxes…..

Notes: Creamy vanilla; almost reminds me of pancakes.

Edit: This was not from a swap, but the “sipdown” stuff will get thrown into those boxes as well. ;P

Flavors: Creamy, Vanilla

Flavors: Fishy, Vanilla

Work sipdown.
I did get creamy vanilla black. The vanilla really popped out here since it wasn’t under the wood.
Will I miss this tea? No. I did like the creamy vanilla-ness a lot so I’ll need to try to find another tea that’ll do the job.

Flavors: Creamy, Vanilla

GGTTB6 sample that I removed to try later. I used about 3/4 of a teaspoon because I wanted to make sure there was enough for others to try too. I brew small pots of tea most of the time anyway.

Looseleaf: Beautiful orange sandlewood contrasted against dark black tea.

Steep 1: Used 1 tsp leaf in 250 mL hot water
Very deep and rich. Minerals, cocoa, leather? not exactly smoke, more like tanned leather, lots of tannins, but never bitter or tannic. Extremely complex and flavourful.

Steep 2: 250mL hot (90 deg C water)
Dark chocolate, the smell of tobacco cigars and incense, dark/old wood like from a really old antique shelf.

Steep 3: "
More woody than the previous steeps, quite Earthy tones (not like wet soil, more like dry decayed wood, tanned leather, minerals in rich cocoa powder). Less rich and more Earthy.

Yet another mind blowing blends from LP. I’ve never had anything quite like this.

Flavors: Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Dark Wood, Decayed wood, Earth, Leather, Mineral, Tannin, Tobacco, Wood

Was measuring out tea leaf from this mug and I saw a chunk of vanilla bean in my scoop a little over an inch long! Christ, LP – that it A LOT of vanilla bean to just toss in!? For starters, vanilla is fucking expensive – but also straight up vanilla also has a bit of a bitter taste when just had straight in large amounts… Y’need balance, yo.

So, I broke that long piece of vanilla up into thirds and tossed one of those into my cup. It was actually a delicious cup – thick liquor and smooth/coating. You definitely get more of that sandalwood deep in the back of the throat, and it lingers in a very soothing manor. The vanilla is certainly present, but with the broken up piece it wasn’t bitter. It was cool because I could see little black specks of the vanilla “caviar” (inside bit) floating around in the cup. Other notes are leather, oak wood, and dark cherry.

Mmmmm!!!

Martin Bednář

Whoa! I can imaine it could be great! I never had decent vanilla tea. All of them were overwhelmed with vanilla and/or no vanilla present at all.

Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Six – Tea #23
Sorry everyone, this one was a teabox sipdown! I thought there would be one serving left when I started scooping but nope. I like where this tea was going. There seemed to be very complimentary ingredients here. I wish I was tasting more vanilla though! The black tea and roasted oolong worked very well together. The black tea reminded me of a light Laoshan black. The sandalwood didn’t overwhelm the tea — a nice subtle flavor that was a nice addition. A comforting three steeps, definitely!

Think I brewed this wrong because it is sort of a plain black tea. Bland and generic. Though, I think that is on me and not a reflection of the tea so we will see how subsequent brews go with this in the future.

tea-sipper

The teabox has some of this I get to try!

Really enjoying how the vanilla is worked into this — it’s not a strong vanilla at all, but it’s distinctive, and makes a great accent for the woodsy base teas. Oolong and black teas are not something I usually see blended, but I think it works here, probably because the oolong is so dark.

Opened this one today. On first sip, it actually reminds me quite of lot of French Toast Dianhong, in as much as the creamy vanilla flavour is very similar, and the black tea base is quite light and definitely chocolatey. I used 1 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 3 minutes in boiling water. I wasn’t sure whether to go with boiling at first because of the oolong, but I figured it was worth a try – I mean, what’s the worst that could happen?

I almost get vanilla chocolate brownie from this one, except the flavour isn’t quite as full or rich as that would suggest. All the elements are there, though, and I might try a longer brew time for my next cup to see how that impacts things.

The oolong is a lot less prominent than I thought it might be. Mostly, I can taste the Fujian black and the vanilla, with only a little woodiness/mineral from the oolong. Also, something that’s putting me in mind of coconut. It works, though, somehow! A delicious start to the morning, and the work week.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp