Roasted Lemon Tieguanyin

Fruit Oolong Blend
Lemon, Oolong
Edit tea info Last updated by Daylon R Thomas

• “I was curious about this one, and Andrew kindly gave me a pouch. Thanks, Andrew! :) I’ve only had one TGY before this, and I like this one a bit more. I like the lemon in this. Part of me wishes...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thank you Andrew! This was quite lovely. And I got it right after I ranted about how particular I am with Dark Roast Tie Guan Yins. Lemon pie is what I smell. Like a fairly cooked and crispy lemon...” Read full tasting note

From Liquid Proust Teas

This is a 1999 and 2006 roasted tieguanyin blend that has been aged in dehydrated lemon for over 60 days picking up some citrus notes to cut through the light to medium roast profile.

This is an ugly tea from the appearance as I broke the tieguanyin and lemon up.

This tea is suggested for those who are experienced with oolong and how they prefer to brew them.

Listing is for one ounce.
Meet the

About Liquid Proust Teas View company

I’ve only had one TGY before this, and I like this one a bit more. I like the lemon in this. Part of me wishes there were more. I’m on my first set of steeps, and if I really desire more lemon, I’ll add some lemon juice to it. I do get some of the roast in here, but it’s not overpowering.

Thanks again for this, Andrew!

Thank you Andrew! This was quite lovely. And I got it right after I ranted about how particular I am with Dark Roast Tie Guan Yins. Lemon pie is what I smell. Like a fairly cooked and crispy lemon pie.

That’s also how I can approximately describe it. Lemon really takes a balanced control of the taste being simultaneously tart and sweet. The body is on the lighter side, but the mouth feel was a little bit thick. At least for me. I get bits of roast and char in the background. Again, the more cooked aspects of this tea reminded me of a pie a little bit. In some ways it reminded me of a fattier lemon tort or cookie. It really has a more savory quality that I can’t quite accurately describe, so I’m just calling it savory for now until I can think of a more precise adjective. I over-describe with sensualist language anyway.

I definitely think it is worth a try and it certainly made me like dark roast Tie Guan Yins a little more. But like Andrew writes in the description, it really is for more experienced drinkers. At the same time, the lemony quality might convert a curious few.

I hope that this review is somewhat helpful. That said, I brewed it at 190 F, steeped it five times, and started off at 50 seconds in three ounces.