Autumn Warmth

White Tea
Cinnamon, Fruity, Thick, Apple, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

• “139/365 Another white! It’s not even deliberate, just a result of working through the older teas in my cupboard. I guess either I was on a real white tea jag at one point, or I’ve just left the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Six – Tea #31 This blend sounded magical: White tea, apricot, cinnamon and a bit of cream. I can see the apricot pieces but wish it tasted more like apricot. ...” Read full tasting note
  • “Backlog – sipdown 4/29 Finishing a autumn flavored tea in the spring. Cinnamon aroma 2min, 212F cream, apple cinnamon, very fall sort of tea not much flavor in the tea though – this sipdown had a...” Read full tasting note
  • “I could have sworn there were more reviews for this tea. Well, looks like I’m the second one on here. Andrew did a pretty nice job with this one, and like the previous review said, all of the...” Read full tasting note

From Liquid Proust

White tea, cinnamon, apricot, and a very small dash of creme

About Liquid Proust View company

139/365

Another white! It’s not even deliberate, just a result of working through the older teas in my cupboard. I guess either I was on a real white tea jag at one point, or I’ve just left the white tea in favour of others. I have a feeling it’s more likely to have been the latter, but it wasn’t the result of any conscious deliberation. I feel like I’m back on safer territory with flavoured white tea, though, so I’m hopeful about this one. It’s also a LP, so, of course…

Autumn Warmth is supposed to be apricot, cinnamon, and cream. That description sums it up perfectly, pretty much, but it’s also something more than that as well. The creaminess is a lot more prominent than I expected it to be, and it verges a little on the artificial side, but it works well with the other flavours so no complaints really. The apricot is most noticeable in the mid-sip, and is more of a dried fruit kind of flavour than fresh/juicy. It’s a fruitiness that’s concentrated, tart, jammy, and almost thick-tasting – spot on dried apricot, really.

The cinnamon is all in the background, just about there in the aftertaste, but it still has an impact on the flavour. It definitely adds the “warmth” of the name, making what would be quite a summery flavour combination into something much deeper, richer, and more autumnal. The white tea base, which is a white peony, also adds a mild leaf pile kind of flavour, in addition to a hay-like starchiness. It’s a perfectly named blend, and I like that all of the ingredients contribute something both unique and significant to the overall effect.

One word: yum!

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 45 sec 1 tsp

Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Six – Tea #31
This blend sounded magical: White tea, apricot, cinnamon and a bit of cream. I can see the apricot pieces but wish it tasted more like apricot. Otherwise, the cinnamon makes this taste like snickerdoodle cookies. It’s a sweet cinnamon. The cinnamon overpowers the delicate white tea, but the overall flavor is delicious. Boiling water doesn’t burn the leaves. A great idea for a blend and a tasty sweet tea! Finished the last serving of 52Teas Roasted Chestnut too, as I had seen it in the teabox before. Some cold weather teas were sipped!
Steep #1 // 2 teaspoons for a full mug// 20 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep

Backlog – sipdown 4/29
Finishing a autumn flavored tea in the spring. Cinnamon aroma
2min, 212F
cream, apple cinnamon, very fall sort of tea

not much flavor in the tea though – this sipdown had a lot of tea dust. Previous cups were better.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Cream

Andrew did a pretty nice job with this one, and like the previous review said, all of the flavors were nicely balanced out. The light crisp body remains throughout while bouncing with the cinnamon and the apricot. I could get several solid brews out of it, and it more or less stayed the same. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I didn’t drink it on the summer solstice. If only my everyday decisions were so brilliant.

I’m also biased to his other teas like the Watermelon Baozhong and the French Toast Dianhong. With that said, the white tea used for the base did please me.

This tea also reminded me of how much tea I have. Lord.

Several flavors blend nicely in this tea. I would describe it as subtle and light. No single flavor dominates or even really stands out. Instead it all comes together as one pleasant whole. It withstood several steepings with the flavor remaining full.