Doke Premium Bai Mu Dan 2nd flush 2011

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

• “I determined that for the rest of today, I would drink nothing but infusions of this tea, and see how far it got me. The aroma of the leaves is very light, as one would expect from a bai mu dan,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another from Momo’s teabox B! To be honest, if I hadn’t opened up this unopened foil package (and then put the leaves in a sealable baggie) I could swear that these were already steeped leaves! ...” Read full tasting note

From Lochan Tea Limited

Product description not available yet.

About Lochan Tea Limited View company

I determined that for the rest of today, I would drink nothing but infusions of this tea, and see how far it got me. The aroma of the leaves is very light, as one would expect from a bai mu dan, and somewhat vegetal. I’m also getting some notes of cucumber and perhaps some pear, although to me it is not as sweet as a pear. Perhaps an underripe pear.
I did the first steep longer than I ought to, because sometimes you just have to pick up and cuddle the fussy baby. (I have a confession, fellow Steepsters: I do not typically use a timer for tea. I should, but I don’t. I am sure one day I will pick up a timer at a Dollar General or something and henceforth never be parted from it, but that day, alas, has not come.) ANYWAY. The brew was a medium peridot kind of color, and the aroma was again predominantly cucumber. The taste was very fresh, like sprouts coming out of the ground in the morning, covered in last night’s dew. I could taste the cucumber as well, very watery and juicy.
The second steep was less cucumber-y, but it was still there. The third steep brought the onset of something almost metallic, almost mint-like in it’s aftertaste. I couldn’t put my finger on it. I decided then that three steeps was enough. If my husband was here, he’d probably have steeped it a few more times, but alack, he is not. :(
Anyway, I don’t think I would buy this one, but I’m glad I got to try it. :)

tea-sipper

I liked this one and took some out of the teabox. Sometimes I just want a light tea!

Another from Momo’s teabox B! To be honest, if I hadn’t opened up this unopened foil package (and then put the leaves in a sealable baggie) I could swear that these were already steeped leaves! But I guess that is just what Bai mu dan looks like. I cooled the water a while and steeped for 2-3 minutes. The flavor is light but lovely. The steep color is a pale yellow. The flavor seems like a light and sweet pineapple or pear. When the water gets cold it almost tastes like something nutty – pistachios? Very nice! I might take a bit of this one out for later.

As a side note, I have no idea how these Lochan teas from the teabox weren’t already in the Steepster system since they are so good!