Chai Bag Cinnamon

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From Lupicia

Assam Tea blended with the Lupicia Masala: Cinnamon and packaged in a convenient tea bag. A great cup of Masala Chai can be made in the microwave in just 3 minutes. The cinnamon provides a full chai flavor.

*The base tea for this product is 4303 Silonibari which has a deep flavor that complements the spice.

About Lupicia View company

Drank this w/ dark chocolate peanut butter on graham crackers.

Even though the weight (3.5g) is on the bag, which is really nice, I decided to weigh it and was surprised that mine is actually 3.74g! Yay!

6oz just shy of boiling water. The liquor is very dark and it definitely smells of strong cinnamon. To my relief, it does not taste of cinnamon red hots though. While strong, the cinnamon is smooth and blends w/ the strong tea base. There’s even almost a sweetness to it. This; however, is not what I think of or want when I drink chai. It’s simply a cinnamon flavored black tea.

Not my Cup of tea TTB

Somehow this tea was very weak, but very bland and drying too. What’s going on here? Maybe this bag was just off.

Hi Steepster,
Happy New Year! Did anyone get tea for Christmas? I did not, as I was vacationing in India with my boyfriend and his family. We went to Dehli, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Agra and Varanasi. It was an epic trip and pretty fun, though India was very chaotic and busy, even more so because a lot of people were traveling within the country on vacation. I put a bunch of photos on Instagram under the name TeaBrat.

I did not see any tea plantations, I wasn’t in the right section of the country for that. I didn’t even see a lot of tea shops or tea bars which kind of surprised me. Everyone does drink chai, though it is usually made with milk and very sweet. I’m having a cup of this Lupicia blend because it’s one of the only chais I have. I got it last year in the grab bag sale! I really need to drink this down. As far as chai blends it is kind of “ok” I usually prefer more ginger and cardamom in my tea. I guess I’ll try to drink this down soon.

Back in San Francisco, the weather has been totally dreary and I am still recovering from some 30 odd hours of traveling and not sleeping. Had a really bad bout with stomach issues and then a cold after that. Jet Lag really sucks! It was definitely an adventure though.

__Morgana__

Happy new year and welcome back!

so jealous of your adventure!

Fjellrev

Welcome back, and that must have been an amazing experience!

Kristal

Happy New year; welcome back! I did get some tea for Christmas (almost all individual ingredients to make my own herbal tea blends). I got 6/8 teas I got in this gorgeous box: http://www.internationalhouseoftea.com/collections/tea-gifts/products/wooden-tea-chest-6

Nicole/Tea-Historic

Sounds like a great trip!

ashmanra

Epic! And yes, tea for Christmas! YAY! My kids are now so converted that they ASK for tea for Christmas, so I also gave a lot of tea, too!

TeaBrat

Tea for everyone!!! :)

The maltiness of Assam pairs well with the spice of cinnamon in this delicious tea. The flavour is smooth, with a lovely cinnamon flavour accented by clove and fennel to give it a little depth of spice. I drank this as a milk tea, and love the taste. I agree with Cofftea in that this bag is not exactly what I consider a Chai. Perhaps I can try a milk-brew next time.

Funny thing: I was heating the kettle when the UPS man delivered my parcel of Lupicia tea. How’s that for serendipitous timing? :)