Momo Oolong Super Grade

Oolong Tea
Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea Leaves, Rose Petals
Floral, Fruit Tree Flowers, Fruity, Nectar, Peach, Stonefruits, Sweet, Creamy, Dried Fruit, Vegetal, Perfume
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Arby

• “This is such a delicious oolong. I had the first peach of the season this morning that I got from Whole Foods last night. Delightful. I love all the summer fruit. Yesterday before I left the office...” Read full tasting note
  • “The only hot tea I have brewed up currently, another sample from Azzrian! Thrilled that it’s another pouchong blend, as I loved Mandarin Silk from the Persimmon Tree. Aroma is definitely...” Read full tasting note
  • “This comes to me from Jennkay—thank you! It smells peachy as it brews, but decidedly like a white peach and not a yellow one. The taste is even better than the smell: oh my goodness! It’s a very...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks Azzrian! I just may be the last Steepster to try this (ok…maybe not…but there have been TONS of others!) This is wonderful! It really hits the spot today! It’s gently floral and...” Read full tasting note

From Lupicia

Savor the succulent flavor and aroma of Japanese white peach in this Taiwanese pouchong blend accented with pink rose petals.

The noble sweetness of Japanese white peach, with its fresh and subtle flavour, is justly matched with a superior grade Taiwanese Oolong. An aromatic and refreshing blend that is extremely soft on the palate.

About Lupicia View company

Yummy! I tend to brew this lightly, only 1.5 min on the first steep and then increasing by half minute increments with every steep. This brews green and clear with a soft mouthfeel and a fruity head. It’s sweet peach, but it’s not so sweet as to be cloying, like momoko. The flavoring lasts well at least through the first couple of steeps, unlike some other teas where the flavoring is gone after the first steep.

It’s definately a ‘special occasion oolong’ compared to Lupicia’s normal flavored oolongs, but no so special that I wasn’t unwilling to just dump the leaves after 3 steeps. I’m sure there was at least 2 or 3 more flavorful steeps to be had, but I had to go. =)

Note: I thought I had posted this last night, but apparently I just typed it up and forgot about it. oh well. Happy Friday!

Nichole/CuppaGeek

I love this one.

This was a sample I got from Lupicia in France, it´s not labelled this, it is instead labelled PECHE BLANCHE OOLONG SUPERIEUR, ref 8231, which I think in english is this precise tea.

The Lupicia sample was an hermetically sealed teabag. I was absolutely dubious about the brewing instructions (boiling water, 90 to 120 seconds) but I checked and decided to follow those just the same, and they are right about the instructions, it did work.

The teabag smelled incredibly true to a real fresh white peach (peche de vigne). It translates well to the liquor which is very smooth. A nice cup of tea, but not something I feel the need to have again. White peaches are not even my own favorite peach, and while I admire the delicateness and purity of the flavour here, I do prefer other peach teas I have had which had more pizzaz like Adele H or Peché Mignon.

Flavors: Peach

I wish there we could include emoticons with the ratings. This tea is beautiful!

I’m noticing that Lupicia’s fruity teas have a strong fruit flavor in the bag but are generally very light (and natural) in flavor. The flavor in this is definitely white peach with a solid oolong base. It’s slightly sweet with no astringency.

Thanks, TeaNTees!
So, peach isn’t my number one favorite flavor, though I do enjoy the taste occasionally. This tea’s scent is super powerful! The taste is nice and light, giving a white peach and floral flavor that’s nice to drink and not overpowering. Not an everyday tea for me, but still enjoyable.

Flavors: Floral, Peach

Perfume is a great way to explain this tea.
I wanted to review this tea the first time I drank it but I decided to hold off. The oolong pieces are rather twisty and look nice, but looks are not what makes this tea appealing. Between the green/vegetable oolong taste and the white peace, this tea taste very light and splendid. The rose flavoring is not very strong which is nice because a floral taste that takes over a tea makes it horrendous. I am thankful I got this tea, though it is hard to describe to anyone… it’s like drinking the smell of a light perfume, which doesn’t sound appealing but it really is. I have only been using 1-2g of tea to brew this so I look forward to adding a bit more to see what it would be like if it is stronger.

So many steepsterites seem to love this tea but alas, I think it is lost on me seeing as I am just not an oolong fan. I wanted to love it, I really did, but the peach is not as strong as I hoped and the base is just too powerful. I can see why this would be loved by some but its just not for me.

Oh my goodness…this is something I could definitely see myself drinking every single day! I just made it and took my first sip a couple of minutes ago and with each passing sip, it grows on me more and more (especially as the peach flavor comes out more and more). I’m sure this would be perfect iced, as well. Not to mention the leaves were quite pretty to look at! I may have the opportunity to go to a Lupicia store next weekend (crossing fingers), so I’ll have my eye on this one!

ETA: Thanks to Jennkay for the sample!

Flavors: Peach

Ost

Ohh what you gonna get there?? :O

The Cookie Lady

I have no idea yet! I’m not even 100% sure that I’m going to be able to go, but I’m doing a race in Newport or Huntington or something like that on Sunday. So, I’ll be passing the Costa Mesa location on my way back home. Assuming I can convince my car-mates to stop and peruse, then I’ll be a happy kid! I’m looking at Cameron B.‘s thread about everyone’s favorite Lupicia teas just in case :)

Ost

I’m excited for you-just even the possibility of going!!! I need to go again soonnnn

Jennkay

I love this tea as a cold brew, but it takes up so much leaf!

I think Ost sent me this sample! Thanks Ost!

I like pouchong a lot. Nice and light and floral. Pairs very well with sweet fruit like peaches. Another fruity winner from Lupicia!

Lariel of Lórien

Hail the Momo!

For some reason, I’m not feeling the black tea vibe this morning, which is very strange for me. I usually have two or three black teas before I try any other types. Oh well, there’s a first time for everything I suppose! (I did have one black tea before this though…) Miss mj sent this sample to me a little while ago. Her samples got a little bit buried under the mass influx of other teas I’ve been getting from my several recent swaps, sorry! I must say, I was pretty excited to try this one after loving Lupicia’s Melon Oolong so much. This is a different style of oolong – the leaves are left long and slightly twisty instead of being rolled into pellets. Their color is a medium green with some yellow tint and there are dried rose petals mixed in. Dry scent is very mild peach with some sweetness. I steeped a heaping teaspoon of leaves for 3 minutes at 190 degrees.

Yum, the aroma is intoxicating. The peach is sweet and concentrated, more similar to a dried peach than a fresh one. There are also notes of honey and very light vegetal and floral scents. The taste is a bit lighter than I anticipated based on the aroma. There is a lovely peach flavor here, and it still reminds me of dried peaches or fruit leather rather than a fresh peach (not a bad thing!). I could do with a bit more peach, but as is, it really melds well with the oolong itself. I find that a lot of green oolongs have natural peach notes, and this is very similar to that but with the peach amped up. The oolong itself is mild and sweet with a creamy texture. Now, I am not the biggest fan of green oolong generally, but this one is pretty tasty with the extra peachiness. :)

Flavors: Creamy, Dried Fruit, Floral, Peach, Sweet, Vegetal

I love peach. This is one of the most delicious peach teas – great hot and cold. I got two solid steeps out of it, very peachy both times. The oolong was flavorful too, it was green but not too grassy. The oolong and peach were balanced to me on the first steep, and pretty well balanced the second with the oolong flavor becoming a hair more prominent than the peach. Still delicious.