Tsugaru Green

Green Tea
Apple, Apple Candy, Green Apple, Red Apple, Fruity
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I cold brewed this for 12 hours, although the sun went away and it is now cold and foggy in San Francisco again… this one makes a delightful cold beverage, I think I like it even better this way...” Read full tasting note
  • “I made this one cold-brewed last night for lunch today. Cold brewing is one of the only ways I still enjoy flavored greens, but I’ve still been having issues with them being too strong or grassy...” Read full tasting note
  • “I wasn’t going to drink this until tomorrow, but it was so appley and all-around tasty already that I couldn’t resist. Great tea for a cold steep – light, fresh, and crisp, like drinking a...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks a million for the sample Amy Oh! this is a great tea! Not something I’d want everyday, but unique enough that it stands apart from your average green fruity tea. At first sip I was reminded...” Read full tasting note

From Lupicia

Japanese green tea flavored with “San-Tsugaru” apples from Aomori prefecture in Japan.

Ingredients: Green tea, flavors

Hot to make tea:
One 150 ml (5.0 fl oz) cup
Boiling water
Steep for 1.5-2 minutes

About Lupicia View company

Mixed feelings about this tea. The scent is not a true apple, but more along the lines of apple candy, like Jolly Ranchers. Really couldn’t detect the apple note with the second steeping. It tastes much better iced. I took the remaining tea to work and everyone immediately devoured the rest of it. Looking to try other teas from Lupicia but probably won’t repurchase this one.

Nice green apple aroma that really stays close to the cup. You have to hold th cup under your nose to fully enjoy it. Perfect for a cold rainy day like today. Plus it has a nice clean finish.

i cold brewed this and the apple scent is delightful. however i don’t taste much of the green tea beneath — but that isn’t really a problem, because i like the apple so much. I will try hot brewing this later and see how it compares.

Flavors: Apple

Iced 8 min or more

Here’s Hoping Traveling Teabox – Round #5 – Tea #21
This one is quite nice! A lovely granny apple flavor (or a type like it) on a light buttery sencha. It tastes like a dessert made with butter and apples. Not sure which dessert. Only a tiny piece of apple fell into the infuser too. A very refreshing cup. It would be amazing iced, I’m sure.

The 78 review is based on drinking this cold.

I brewed this tea in boiling water. I didn’t think of much of it when hot – thought it was nice but it wasn’t special. It had a apple flavoring that something felt off. With all flavored teas that I feel “meh” about, I stuck in the fridge to get an idea of how it would taste if I cold brewed it the next time….and it was MUCH better! It was quite tasty. The cold temperature gave it the crispness that I felt was lacking. Everything just seemed to make more sense on my palate.

Well, here’s a tea that I’m unsure how to rate: This is a warm cup of apple juice being drank outside during spring. Overall it is an experience that I am hoping to share with others and hear their remarks. Quality looking, wonderful smell, and a bold taste.
I will update my review after I cold brew this… I probably should of started that way but I’m impatient.

This tea almost perfectly captures a fresh, crisp green apple in both smell and taste. It is amazing! I only wish I was more into green tea because this would be a restock for sure. However, as it is, the base does peek through at times adding a bit of vegetalness that detracts from the overall cup. Still, this is one I would consider purchasing if I were placing a Lupicia order and it is one I definitely would recommend to anyone who enjoys flavored greens and apple teas.

This one has a nice apple flavor and a slight vegetal taste to it.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and 175 degree water for 3 min.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML

Made a pot of this for my sister and me to share! The apple in this tea is sweet and crisp, and smells very fresh. (Tsugaru apples are a pale red apple, from what I can tell, and that matches the taste here.) The apple blends well with the green base; both are light and clean. I’d say the apple is on the subtle side, overall… My sister doesn’t drink unsweetened tea often, so to her this tasted like a nice straight green. But she definitely noticed the apple in the aroma, and I could taste the sweet softness of it mid-sip. (The flavor became more noticeable as it cooled, too.)

The base tea isn’t as finicky as some greens I’ve tried, but I still have to watch the water temperature, and keep the steep time to 2 minutes max. I also like that this tea is very smooth; it doesn’t have the powdery mouthfeel of some greens, which makes it easier to avoid any bitterness.

This is one of my favorite apple teas in my cupboard. If you like green tea and softer, more aromatic flavors, I’d say give this one a try.

Because I wanted to try some green tea, I got this one too. Apples! It smells so nicely like apples. Not so much Autumn apples, but Japanese apple candies. The flavour is fruity, mildly sweet, apple, and I like the base green.

This would be something I’d like to try iced.

Flavors: Apple, Apple Candy, Green Apple, Red Apple