Decaf Momo

Fruity, Peach, Stonefruits, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Anna

• “This tastes really good. It doesn’t taste chemical-y or thin (although it is a little – just slightly! – thinner than the caffeinated version of Momo). It has a very pleasant peach taste. Sweet,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Special thanks to LiberTEAs for this one. Overall this was a nice Decaf Tea! I agree with LiberTEAs that it’s just slightly ‘thinner’ than the regular momo! I really like this one…so much so...” Read full tasting note
  • “Overall, this is okay. If you need to avoid caffeine; this is a good tea. Similar to the normal Momo but some of the flavors are a bit muted; not as tangy and no sharpness. It tastes like I’m...” Read full tasting note
  • “Decent black base, but the fruity peach is the main flavour. You can’t taste the base as much as I usually do with caffeinated blacks (which is fine by me). The peach flavouring doesn’t taste...” Read full tasting note

From Lupicia

A decaffeinated black tea flavored with the fruity scent of white peaches produced in Japan.

(French Lupicia: Décaf pêche blanche.)

About Lupicia View company

This tastes really good. It doesn’t taste chemical-y or thin (although it is a little – just slightly! – thinner than the caffeinated version of Momo). It has a very pleasant peach taste. Sweet, juicy and delicious. YUM!!!

Special thanks to LiberTEAs for this one. Overall this was a nice Decaf Tea! I agree with LiberTEAs that it’s just slightly ‘thinner’ than the regular momo! I really like this one…so much so that I had 3 cups yesterday…the white peach is a nice touch…and I really like the black decaf tea taste in this!

Overall, this is okay. If you need to avoid caffeine; this is a good tea.

It tastes like I’m smelling japanese peach gum – yes you read that right, haha. Specifically, Marukawa peach gum (tattoo type). When I am drinking this tea, it has the faint taste of powdered peach flavor that you would smell on this particular gum. It’s nice and nostalgic for me but every time I take a sip, I feel like I want to eat the gum and all I’m allowed is to smell it.

It isn’t a bad tea, I just feel like I want more from it – due to my experience with the aforementioned gum.

2000 tasting notes

Decent black base, but the fruity peach is the main flavour. You can’t taste the base as much as I usually do with caffeinated blacks (which is fine by me). The peach flavouring doesn’t taste artificial at all, and it slightly sweet. It makes me think of Japanese white peaches-delicate but distinct. Makes a good coldbrew too!

Flavors: Fruity, Peach, Stonefruits, Sweet

Iced 8 min or more 2 g 17 OZ / 500 ML

It’s a little late in the evening to be drinking tea since I’ll have to wake up early tomorrow so this decaf Momo is good to go! I’m drinking tea since its been so cold lately, I love it! Tastes peachy :)

Bedtime for me, and so: decaf Momo. This smells really great. It tastes fine, too—it’s kind of a lighter, almost thin taste for a black tea, which surprised me, but I’ve never had decaf tea before, so maybe that’s a feature and not a bug. I don’t think I’m going to get this again, since low-caffeine tea is a before-bed thing for me and I like my bedtime teas sweeter and creamier, but it’s a pretty great fruity decaf tea, as they go.

Flavors: Peach

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is quite good. There is the strong flavor of peaches, I would argue frozen peaches actually. There is a slight, very slight sourness that reminds me of an icewine tea actually, but with peaches. This tea will become an evening regular for me and I will probably order again as good decaf is hard to find.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 3 min.

Flavors: Peach

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML
Tealizzy

This is a really good one. The caffeinated version is good too. I actually got my grandmother into loose tea with this tea! Ha!

Happy new year, all!

This one smells—and tastes—like a fresh, natural white peach. The tea base itself is, of course, not very robust, but provides a nice smooth backdrop for the peach flavor. In my recollection Momo Oolong was more distinctive, but this one is quite enjoyable as well.

In a few days I will be back to my old place to finish up my projects and resume job searching. Hopefully the weather warms up too!

Cameron B.

Happy New Year! :) Good luck with the job search.

Mikumofu

Thank you!! :)

Why do so many fuzzy peach teas fail to actually taste like fuzzy peaches? This one, for example, had such a strong smell that just did not translate to the taste. Instead it was slightly peachy black tea with that hint of weirdness that seems to turn up in decaffeinated cups. Disappointing indeed but at least that is one more tea off my “to try” list and another quick and easy sipdown. Final count for the night: 279.

Incredible. Full-bodied yet refreshing. Hard to believe it’s decaf.
I like Lupicia but seriously did not expect it to be THIS good.
In all the peach teas I’ve tried, I’m all like ‘ya, it’s just gonna be a tea with peach juice.’
Who knew that a decaf Momo would be so buttery, nutty and creamy too? And yes, deliciously peachy.
I don’t think I could be without this one.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 15 OZ / 450 ML