Cookie

Almond, Black Tea, Flavouring
Almond, Caramel, Cookie, Malt, Sweet, Brown Sugar, Cheesecake, Nutty, Toffee, Artificial, Butter, Hazelnut, Astringent, Bitter, Cake, Coffee, Molasses, Thick, Burnt Sugar, Nuts, Spices, Creamy, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 4 g 17 oz / 491 ml

• “Stuff has a tendency to add up and I don’t want to stand here in a few months with the realization I would need 8 full boxes to escape with even half my stuff. So I’m doing the responsible thing...” Read full tasting note
  • “Lupicia is convinced, convinced that I want a lot of individual sachets of Cookie sent directly to me, whenever convienant. Well, they are not far wrong. Its a really nice blend, a buttery little...” Read full tasting note
  • “Good day Steepster… I had kind of a rough morning, I was over at my boyfriend’s house in Berkeley and woke up with itchy hives again. Decided to go home and take some Benadryl and that seems to...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks Azzrian for a sample of this one, which I have apparently yet to try! The dry leaf smells quite interesting – very rich, malty and sweet. It looked to me like this could be a CTC tea/blend,...” Read full tasting note

From Lupicia

A rich caramel cookie flavored black tea blend with a satisfying full body. Enjoy this one with milk to bring out the sweetness. The sweetness of this tea makes it popular with children, like mom’s cookies right out of the oven.

About Lupicia View company

Well. This tea is just what I needed.

I’d been saving this sample from sil for a rainy day, and it’s hammering it down, so it seems apt. Metaphorically hammering, mind: started my new job a few weeks ago, and MAN, is it not what I was told I’d be doing when I accepted the post. I’ve never been in a situation where a job, or anything for that matter, has left me feeling so continually angry. This, combined with my not being able to lift my right arm due to apparently having injured it quite badly while working on Saturday, and my not actually knowing what my work schedule is even meant to be this week – and I was promised full-time – is wearing me down horribly. I can’t stay. I also can’t afford any period of unemployment, as it looks like I’ll be paying rent on two properties as ownership of my former flat is changing hands right before I’d planned to vacate it, meaning I have to wait to talk to the new owners to give notice, and… ugh. Definitely can’t afford paying on two flats, let alone one. None of this is okay.

This tea is a tonic for my increasingly frayed nerves. I can see why it’s so well-loved! I’m met with a lovely nutty butteriness that’s got definite biscuit notes to it, without being overwhelmingly sweet. It’s such a comfort, and I’m so glad to have had the chance to try it out!

yyz

Sorry, that your job has not lived up to first impressions, feel for you and sympathize with the situation of having to pay for two places at once. Hopefully when things settle down you can find something less stressful. Hope your arm heals quickly.

TeaBrat

Sorry to hear about all of this, please take care of your arm and see a doctor!

TheTeaFairy

That’s so sad…I was so happy for you a few weeks ago. Hope things get resolved, in the mean time, take care of yourself.

Sami Kelsh

Thanks, gang. Apparently, first order of business when I’m moved into my SWEET new digs here in Oxford is to get registered with a GP, so if my ouchies don’t subside, I’ll have somebody to talk to about them. In the meantime, reeeeeeeeeeeally hoping the shop manager of the bakery will take my health and safety concerns more seriously than the person I’ve been working with. Otherwise, I’m not willing to stay.

In the meantime, tea. hugs everybody

I found this one to be very similar to the Cinnamon Cookie Puer, only no cinnamon, and not quite as rich. Not in a bad way, mind you. It was a little sweeter in place of the cinnamon, and the coffee note was more subdued. This one does smell more like an almond cookie. I like both teas about equal.

It is really tasty! It makes a great breakfast tea for me. I’m eternally grateful to Dexter for sending this to me with a bunch of other Lupicia teas to try. So far, so good!

Dexter

Lupicia teas are really addicting. Glad you are enjoying the few I sent you. :))

Plunkybug

I am! Thank you so much!

A subtle yet noticeable cookie flavour complements the tea base without overwhelming. I enjoyed this straight before adding milk, which seemed to water it down a little. I had brewed it according to the packet instructions i.e 2 and a half minutes so perhaps if I use milk next time, I’ll add an extra minute to steeping time. Becomes slightly more flavourful when cooled down but can dry out my mouth a little for some reason. Nonetheless I’d still reach for this tea to quell any cookie cravings

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 15 OZ / 450 ML

From the queue, written April 2nd 2014

This is one that Anna has shared with me, and therefore I’m a little wary of it. You see, it’s been highly loved on Steepster in general and it’s the sort of thing I would normally be interested in. Particularly after I had sniffed it, because it smells quite dough-y and fudge. But the thing is Anna and I have widely different preferences in flavoured black, even though we like same kind of flavours. We like a different sort of balance, though, I think. This means that Anna is guaranteed to dislike about 95% of my favourites and vice versa. Well, that’s not true, really. I think I like her favourites rather better than she likes mine. Hence, somewhat sceptical Ang is somewhat sceptical.

Anyway, the aroma is fairly close to freshly baked cookies, but there’s a sort of slightly toasted note to it as well that feels a bit off. As if the cookies got just 30 seconds too much in the oven. Or a few degrees too much. Hm. Okay.

Flavourwise… There is definitely a sort of baked goods feel to it, but I’m not sure I think it’s a cookie. Here that toasted note is very strong. Very strong. It’s not cookie for me, it’s burnt cookie, and I have to say burnt cookie is not really a flavour that I would be seeking out on purpose.

Hm. Anna, I’m sorry to say it, but I think we’ve got another proof of our flavoured black oppositeness here… This annoys me a little because it’s something I should have enjoyed more.

Sipdown (190/194)!

Catching up on Big Brother: I need to watch last night’s episode and tonight’s. I can’t believe my beloved reality favourite will be coming to a close in just one week! Ahhh!

But what goes best with reality TV? Well, a hot cuppa tea of course! This was an easy sipdown so I took it: I was hoping for a black blend to change around the negative streak of black teas I’ve had today – and this one just smells so damn good. It’s just like a batch of cookies straight out of the oven filling up your kitchen or, in this case, my living room/bedroom.

Buuutttttt… that’s sadly where the yummy ends. This tastes really harsh and bitter and has lost all the yum, despite still smelling really good! Basically, it’s like those delicious hot, fresh cookies turned out the be burnt! Eww – bitterness. I’m crying foul! And, I’m pretty sure I’m in the minority too: this one is pretty much a beloved Steepster favourite.

Oh well: I am glad I tried it so thank you VariaTEA for the sample! Now I know it’s not for me and that saves me some time, effort, and potentially money trying to get ahold of it. For now I think I’ll cradle the last bit in my arms and feel the warmth and smell the delicious…

oh no. that’s so sad :(

VariaTEA

I am sorry you didn’t like this. So many people have been kind enough to share it with me that I thought I would send you some to try given how much most people, including myself, enjoy it. Oh well, you can’t like them all (well you could but your wallet would be quite sad :P).

haha

Angrboda

I have a post on this in the queue. Not posted yet. But I definitely had the same burnt experience of it that you did. And it’s not a temperature thing when brewing because I never use boiling water on a flavoured tea. It just is that way. The base is far too roasty in my opinion.

A little disappointed with this one. It smells amazing, in fact, like a cookie, but because it smells so good the taste was a bit of a let down. It’s not that it tastes bad, it just doesn’t compare to the scent. More or less just a black tea-y tasting tea to me with a bit of cream added. Sometimes I add a few crystals of rock sugar. I actually get more of a caramel taste as the cup cools, but I don’t like lukewarm black tea.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
TheTeaFairy

I have some of this on the way, I was a little skeptical about it but curiosity got the best of me!
I know what you mean about the let down part, to me, that’s what happens most of the time with flavoured tea. Just drank their Melon Oolong though, that one is spot on!

OwenjMayer

Yea, I got hooked in by the reviews for it so I gave it a try. Flavored teas generally work for me, but the hunt for a chocolate tea to replace David’s Teas Chocolate Cake has been a failure. Maybe I have too high of standards.

YESTERDAY WAS MY 2 year Steepsterversary!

i chose this tea because, cookies!

it’s a really interesting flavor, actually not what i expected. but yum. and i will maybe buy some. but even if i don’t get this tea, i will definitely be placing a Lupicia order soon. the infinitely kind and generous jump62359 sent me some MORE Lupicia and Davids samples last week. and then we proceeded to have a heres-a-pic-of-my-swap-samples-stash competition via text. and this is a competition that we both win!

i am still Avengers obsessed. The Cap2 movie killed me. and with my new short haircut i can easily cosplay a drag-Hawkguy or Maria Hill for a future con.
i have resorted to buying trade comics on a regular basis for the first time in my life (Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Secret Avengers) and i love them so much. i take pics of panels with my phone and text them to friends who are forgiving and humor me out of love. and yes the theme song for The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes pops in my head everyday and i hate-sing it as i annoy myself. :)
i have started compiling a list of the Avengers story lines i’d like to read, but if by some strange chance any of you have read some and have a recommendation please share!

DeliriumsFrogs

Comics and tea! W00t!

Courtney

Happy Steepsterversary! :)

keychange

Hmmm, in what way was this tea not what you expected? and, happy steepsterversary!

jump62359

Dude. I totally organized my tea on my shelf but then… I drank a whole bunch and now it’s just a freakin pile that looks terrible haha.
But I’m quite honoured that you decided to celebrate with my tea <33

Rosehips

Happy steepsterversary! And many more!

Shmiracles

hey keychange! i guess cuz the description doesn’t really say anything about it, i just assumed it would taste a bit more bready and i wasn’t expecting it to taste kinda toasty the way it did to me. that said, the toasted notes actually make it stand out as unique among the large selection of dessert themed teas that are out there. so that’s a nice twist :)

I got this as a sample with my Lupicia order so I thought why not? Why not is because OMG this is just NOT for me :(

Marzipan

What didn’t you like about it? I have had my eye on that one since I have seen so many good reviews.

MzPriss

OH you should never ever judge a flavored tea by a review from me. I’m not a flavored tea person. Flavored tea people LOVE this tea and if you are one it will probably make you very very happy.

ifjuly

i’m in between with this one. the widespread love for it i don’t really get at all—i don’t think it’s a bad flavored tea, but it’s just kind of meh. it’s funny how much tastes can vary.

jump62359

See for me, I had this tea yesterday and LOVED it.
It tasted a bit like burnt caramel cookies, without the bitterness. Whenever I make cookies, I always leave them in the oven for a little while longer so I think that’s why I really like this tea!

TeaBrat

oooh, I definitely like it :)

ifjuly

i can kind of see that now that you mention it jump62359, the burnt caramel cookie thing! i hadn’t thought of that. huh…

Think freshly baked caramel cookies. Now take those cookies and leave them in the oven for just a little while longer. Not burnt, but it has that bite of flavour. And not like just regular cookies with a glop of caramel on top, but like the type of cookie that has caramel oozing in the middle. This tea is so freakin good and I need to keep it in my cupboard for forever

Okay let me tell you a thing.
This tea.
When I left for college (nearly 3 years ago), my mom put together a cute little care package for me and it had a wee sachet of this tea. Three years before, I had chocolate tea from Trader Joe’s and IT WAS PRETTY FREAKIN NASTY so I just stuck to various green teas. I did not touch that sachet of Cookie because I was afraid that it was going to be as gross as that other chocolate tea. And this is why it took me freakin forever to try flavoured teas. Like seriously. For nearly 10 years of my life, all I drank was jasmine tea, and the occasional genmaicha when I ate out at japanese restaurants.
I completely regret my previous thoughts about flavoured teas, especially this one because apparently if you’re going to get tea from Lupicia, it’s going to be this one (from what I’ve heard). This was the first tea that was in the monthly newsletter when my mom first signed up all those years ago, and this was the tea that I took with me to college. Did I try it? Nope because I was a pansycake.

WITH THAT BEING SAID. IT IS TIME. I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SO LONG??? Everyone says it’s good and I’ve finally let it cool down enough so it wouldn’t burn my mouth.
Dude. It legit tastes like caramel cookies okay. This tea is so freakin good, and I added milk with it which made it soooooo much better.
WHY DID I AVOID THIS TEA FOR SO LONG.

((rearranged this tasting not to have the actual tasting note bit at the top because of the pull quotes and whatnot. I saw a thread on this a while back and figured I’ll have to put the review at the top, then the backstory stuck at the bottom.))

Flavors: Butter, Caramel, Molasses

Boiling 2 min, 15 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
VariaTEA

YAY!! I am glad you tried this one again and liked it. I knew you would :)

jump62359

Dude. I’ve gone through so many tea sprees in the past week and I’m expecting swaps to arrive soon and I’m just trying to catch up to everything.
So many WONDERFUL teas, so little time!

Memily

That is a great story. I give it an A+.

This is a fun tea. My daily beverage is usually the weakest earl grey with, if anything, honey, but this warmly flavoured black is clearly to be drunk with milk and sugar. Why not.