Hanalei

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Janni

From Lupicia

Banana flavored rooibos tea with coconut flakes and yellow petals.

About Lupicia View company

Another exclusive Lupicia Hawaii tea! This is a rooibos blend with coconut and banana. I like bananas and coconut, but rooibos not so much. Opening up this tea and it smells really flipping good – like ripe bananas and sweet.

However it’s not rooibos that ruins this tea, it’s the banana. It’s really artificial, it tastes like that gut rot banana candy (runts or those marshmallows) and it is really strong. It also reminds me, unfortunately, like the banana penicillin I had as a kid. It’s gross strong banana that fades into creamy coconut and woodchippy rooibos. Then fake banana taste.

If you like banana candies you’ll love this, otherwise this tea is a no.

Indigobloom

Aw I love banana meds! The best part of being sick. Well that and getting to watch tv all day :P

Mmmm, banana runts iced tea. Lol! I do love Hanalei though, and the amazing shave ice over macadamia nut ice cream you can get there! Man, I need to get back to Kauai!!

I resteeped this last night but never got around to drinking it so now I am sipping on it cold. Now, usually I try not to do a whole separate note for resteeps but I thought some would like to know (cough Courtney cough) that cold, this is 100% banana medicine deliciousness. MmmmMmmm. Thank you Dustin!!

How do I order this?

VariaTEA

Hahaha. If it is still on the website when I eventually place a Lupicia order, I can include some for you. Or, I can share some of mine so you can try it before committing to a lot (just in case the rooibos is too much since you tend to notice stuff you really don’t like).

Courtney

Oh right, I forgot this was rooibos. How do you order to Canada? I had a cart going before I realized it doesn’t breach the border.

Courtney

Oh nevermind. I remember now haha.

keychange

Honestly this sounds so awesome, but I’m so scared of rooibos!

Wow! It looks like I’ve had this tea for 6 years now! Time to work on a sipdown.
The name of this tea is tripping me out. It’s a tea they only sell in Hawaii and they give most of them Hawaiian names. I never knew Hanalei was a real place. One of the few songs my father could sing and play on the guitar when I was little was Puff the Magic Dragon…. who frolics in the autumn mist in a land called Hanalei. I guess I always assumed it was a made up place, but it was probably some hippie getting high in Hawaii and writing some lyrics about smoke dragons on tropical islands. *shrug
My first few sips were quite soapy and it was distracting. It looks like I have always found it soapy, but with aged coconut in it, it’s likely to be even soapier that before. Adding creamer really helps mute that and brings out the banana. I do so love banana teas and the combo of banana with coconut is nice. I don’t even mind the rooibos so much! It seems a little on the light side flavor wise. I should add extra tea to my steeper next time to strengthen the flavor and get me closer to a sipdown.