Ratatam

Black Tea, Vanilla Bean
Chestnut, Dried Fruit, Malt, Raisins, Astringent, Bitter, Sweet, Tobacco, Wood
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Edited and updated: I tried this a couple of days after Cameron B. wrote a review on it. I didn’t take notes but I agree that I couldn’t taste much, if any, vanilla in it. I recently had the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Bonus Tea Swap Sample Sipdown of the Day! (23) Another Lupicia sample from Kawaii433! This is listed as a “Lupicia Signature Tea”, and yet there are no notes for it here on Steepster. Odd. This...” Read full tasting note

From Lupicia

RATATAM is a rich blend of black tea scented with high-quality vanilla. Elegant and gorgeous, the tea is a perfect companion to baked sweets or croissants.

How to enjoy Tea
Amount of Tea Leaves: 0.10oz(2.5-3g)
Water Temprature: Boiling Water
Brewing Time: 1-2min.

About Lupicia View company

Edited and updated: I tried this a couple of days after Cameron B. wrote a review on it. I didn’t take notes but I agree that I couldn’t taste much, if any, vanilla in it. I recently had the sipdown of this. It was better than I remembered. It had malt notes, a little dried fried taste, chestnut notes too. I tried it cold brew and it’s way better that way. As Cameron wrote, I wouldn’t classify it as vanilla. It’s better than their “Vanilla” although there are no vanilla notes. Their Vanilla is far too artificial tasting while this one is not.

Flavors: Chestnut, Dried Fruit, Malt, Raisins

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
tea-sipper

Yeah, I’ll be interested to know if their Vanilla tea actually tastes like vanilla. I tried this one recently and even though I SEE the vanilla pieces, I’m not TASTING vanilla. hmm. Also, I’m gleefully awaiting your package which says it will arrive tomorrow. :D Thanks again for that!

Kawaii433

Yay :D glad it’ll be there soon! I’ll let you know about the Vanilla. I weighed some out to have tonight so I’ll let you all know my thoughts. :) Just finishing up the Grape Green to compare to the Muscat. ^^

Kawaii433

I had a quick cup of their Vanilla… Not so much vanilla >.<. At least to me. More than Ratatam though but not by much. I’ll try again soon.

tea-sipper

Hmm. what the heck is up with their flavorless vanilla teas. :/

Bonus Tea Swap Sample Sipdown of the Day! (23)

Another Lupicia sample from Kawaii433!

This is listed as a “Lupicia Signature Tea”, and yet there are no notes for it here on Steepster. Odd. This seems to be a plain black tea with vanilla bean pieces mixed in. Simple enough, and sounds tasty.

This is a different base tea than I normally taste from Lupicia. It’s similar to a breakfast blend, with a strong and malty flavor. Very tasty, actually! I would guess that it has at least some Assam, as it has that pleasant raisiny tobacco note.

I will say, I wish there was more vanilla here. The base tea is powerful, and it overpowers any vanilla bean flavor that may be here. The closest I taste is a sweet woody note, which I often associate with bourbon vanilla.

So as a breakfast tea, this is mighty tasty. But I wouldn’t call it a vanilla tea…

Flavors: Astringent, Bitter, Malt, Raisins, Sweet, Tobacco, Wood