Oriental Beauty

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Mad_Alyss_14

• “This is not your typical Taiwan oolong at all. The leaves are significantly more oxidised than the majority of oolongs, and produce a brownish/coppery liquor. The flavour is quite individual. It’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “It smells like makeup. During my time at Lupicia I had many chances to try and retry this flavor and NOPE. I just can’t-. The company usually does a lot of research and care into their tea blends...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve had Oriental Beauty teas in the past but I don’t have any right now. I was happy to see this in my Lupicia happy bag especially as it’s one of their expensive teas. I steeped this around 205...” Read full tasting note

From Lupicia

This is one of the prime teas leading Taiwan into the summer season. This tea’s sweet scent resembles ripe fruit and honey, and produces a lovely coppery water colour.

About Lupicia View company

This is not your typical Taiwan oolong at all. The leaves are significantly more oxidised than the majority of oolongs, and produce a brownish/coppery liquor. The flavour is quite individual. It’s not delicate, but also not without subtlety. The initial flavour is quite strong, but it really made me sit up and take notice of it. There are definitely some honey notes in there, and also a little woodiness. The aftertaste is sharper and doesn’t fade quickly.

This actually reminds me more of a Darjeeling than of the sorts of Taiwan oolongs I’m familiar with. Really interesting tea!

It smells like makeup.

During my time at Lupicia I had many chances to try and retry this flavor and NOPE. I just can’t-. The company usually does a lot of research and care into their tea blends but this one just does not work. Not “oh it’s just not my cup of tea” or “in my opinion” just nope nope nope.

My family drinks plenty of various Taiwnese oolong. I’ve enjoyed many pots of “Oriental Beauty” Dongfang Meiren or white tip oolong. It’s a complex and fresh tea with great aroma-or it should be. This is not the oolong that Taiwanese drinkers know, I assure you. It’s something all together different!
Now the scent could be something they enhanced- but the final product still is overbearing and artificial tasting.

Please this company has great Japanese and fusion tea blends that you can’t t really find anywhere else. Please buy any other unique flavor. If you want “Oriental Beauty” there’s dozens of other legit companies that actually does this tea right.

I steeped this around 205 at one minute, according to the package instructions. This is definitely a nice afternoon tea, it’s mellow and rich. Has woody notes with peach and a sweetish honey finish. This is one of those teas that needs leafhoppers to bring out the flavor, I think. It’s quite tasty! Glad I have some of this around… I think I will try a slighter longer steep at a lower temperature soon.

Dustin

Sounds nice! I have never explored Lupicia’s unflavored teas. I’ll have to remedy that sometime.

TeaBrat

They are worth trying but haven’t ben too impressed with their straight blacks.