Bai Mudan White Tea

Organic Chinese White Tea
Grass, Hay, Honey, Tart
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

• “Received a sample of this in December’s Sipsby box. It’s a lovely, delicate white tea. I steeped gongfu style. The first steep at 10 seconds was very subtle and grassy. Further in the tea seemed...” Read full tasting note
  • “Tried to make this over ice when I got back in town yesterday, only to realize I had no ice. Well then. So, I just had this hot. I tried to make it stronger this time, but still can’t really get...” Read full tasting note

From Made Of Tea

ORGANIC WHITE TEA FROM FUJIAN PROVINCE, CHINA. THIS PREMIUM CHINESE WHITE TEA IS PLUCKED DURING THE EARLY GROWTH OF THE PLANT AND MINIMALLY PROCESSED. IT HAS A SMOOTH, DELICATE FLAVOR AND PROVIDES A GENTLE ENERGY LIFT ANY TIME OF DAY.

About Made Of Tea View company

Received a sample of this in December’s Sipsby box. It’s a lovely, delicate white tea. I steeped gongfu style. The first steep at 10 seconds was very subtle and grassy. Further in the tea seemed to open up, with notes of honey and hay. In total, I was able to get about 5 good steeps from this tea.

Flavors: Grass, Hay, Honey

180 °F / 82 °C 3 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

Tried to make this over ice when I got back in town yesterday, only to realize I had no ice. Well then. So, I just had this hot. I tried to make it stronger this time, but still can’t really get much flavor out of it. There is a faint hint of hay and sweet grass. And maybe something lightly tart. My palate might not be refined enough for this one.

Flavors: Grass, Hay, Tart