Russian Breakfast

Bergamot, Citrus
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 250 oz / 7393 ml

From Mariage Frères

This exclusive morning blend is based on a black India tea. Its coppery cup is round and malty in the mouth, with a pronounced note of citrus fruit.

A wonderfully fresh tea that awakens the palate.

Can take a drop of milk.

About Mariage Frères View company

Had this tea at Mariage Frères tea room last Sunday.
I really enjoyed it even if I remember a kind of bitterness(subtile but present)
I suspected an assam…I think I was right !

The citrus are lovely

Strong tea with strong citrus fragrance. Very enjoyable.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 250 OZ / 7393 ML

I’ve had this tea a number of times now but only just realised it now that I’d never posted about it. Lucky this is what we had today, then, because an actual tasting note wasn’t really what I thought I’d be writing here today… I wish I’d paid more attention to the tea, then.

Anyway, as mentioned I’ve had it a number of times, so I think I can muddle through. Basically we’ve got a citrus-flavoured breakfast blend. The base blend itself is strong and.. breakfast-blend-y. I can’t tell what all has gone into it, but I suspect it’s largely of Indian/Sri Lankan origin. The citrus-flavouring is not super tart, it’s more of a bitter-y flavour and a bit perfumed. I think we’re dealing with bergamot here and possibly some grapefruit. It’s not very strongly flavoured, so rather than tasting like a flavoured tea, it’s more like a standard breakfast blend with a twist.

I rather like it. I like that the emphasis is on the base blend, which makes it a familiar sort of thing to drink if one enjoys breakfast blends, but with a bit of freshness on the side.

Anyway, what I actually came to say was, merry Christmas, Steepsterites, as in this country we celebrate on Christmas Eve rather than Christmas Day.

One of these days I shall get around to summing up the AC Perch’s christmas calendar which continued to disappoint straight through to the 24th… Not buying that one again next year!