Coconut Rush

Burnt Sugar, Coconut, Cream, Green Beans, Smoke, Sweet, Vegetables
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

• “Very disappointed in this tea…It does not remind me much of coconut, instead I get a maple-ish smell and taste. I can see lots of coconut shreds, so I am assuming that the smell/taste is coming...” Read full tasting note
  • “Yep, a coconut tea, which I don’t like to stock up on these days, but this was $1 and only an ounce.  I woke up this morning thinking this blend might be a disaster so I wanted to drink it today...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ok, so this was something a little outside of my comfort zone, being a yerba mate blend. I’ve never been able to develop a taste for it. Now, this is faintly coconutty, but it also is blended with...” Read full tasting note

From Maya Tea Company

Rich, malty Assam black tea blends smoothly with the subtle grassy flavors of South American Yerba Mate, providing the perfect base for our newly featured flavor, coconut. Sprinkled with shreds of real coconut and empowered by the awakening nature of Yerba Mate, this tea is a smooth and delightful way to start any day.

Ingredients:
Assam Fine Tippy Golden Flower Orange Pekoe, Yerba Mate, Coconut Shreds, N/A Coconut and Vanilla Flavours

Globally shipped, except USA at:
www.mayatea.ca/shop

USA shipped at:
www.mayatea.com/shop

About Maya Tea Company View company

Very disappointed in this tea…It does not remind me much of coconut, instead I get a maple-ish smell and taste. I can see lots of coconut shreds, so I am assuming that the smell/taste is coming from one of the natural and artificial flavours….I doubt I’ll be trying this again :(

Yep, a coconut tea, which I don’t like to stock up on these days, but this was $1 and only an ounce.  I woke up this morning thinking this blend might be a disaster so I wanted to drink it today just to check.  It’s very good though!  I didn’t think the  green yerba mate flavor would work with the coconut flavor, but it tastes seamless here. I actually had to check to see if this really was yerba mate – and it is.  Maybe yerba mate tastes earthier the older it gets?  It’s very mellow here!  I’m sure it being mixed with a black tea helps balance the flavor.  And I can really appreciate a FRESH coconut tea.  It’s so good here.  Tastes just like a coconut macaroon and I’m not sure how mixed with black tea and yerba mate!  Even the second steep is lovely at boiling, maybe a slight bit of the base flavors more present.  I’m glad I spent that dollar on this.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for full mug // 20 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 3-4 minute steep

Mastress Alita

Ahhh, fresh coconut tea, those were the days…

tea-sipper

haha :D I’m making it my mission to finish this one earlier than not (but the poor other teas will wait longer! sigh.)

Michelle

I listened to their podcast Steeping Around. Kept me interested for at least the first episode. I have liked all the teas I bought except the prickly pear, though I’m still experimenting with water temp on that one. I’ll probably purchase from them again.

tea-sipper

Oh, I didn’t know they had a podcast! I’m glad you liked all the tea you bought (minus one). I will be verry slowly trying them all probably.

Now, this is faintly coconutty, but it also is blended with Maya Tea’s Creme Brulee. Instead of supporting the coconut, the creme brulee flavors overpower it… but not the mate. I can tell the creme brulee is mostly there to tone down the mate. It’s strong, it’s vegetal, and it’s smoky. Like stewed green beans. As nice as the other two flavors are, and as nice of an energy boost I get from it, I can’t get through this. Nope. No thank you. This is not for me.

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Coconut, Cream, Green Beans, Smoke, Sweet, Vegetables