Well, I’ve put off tasting notes long enough. I have today and tomorrow off and I spent all last night playing Spore (I just bought it and I’m LOVING it) and this morning relaxing/lounging around the house, so no reason not to start writing! Besides, I just placed a food delivery order and it’s gonna be like an hour until that shows up. Caramelized Onion & Brie Cheese Grilled Cheese, Pear and Blue Cheese Salad, and Fig and Veggie Prosciutto Pizza here we come! But that’s not what this note it about…
This tea is from my local store, and when I was picking up the Rocky Horror Spice for my Halloween “Trick or Tea” packages it was an impulse purchase. I honestly can’t say what specifically drew me to it, though. Anyway – now I have 50g of it. Welp.
For my first time trying it I cold brewed it because that seemed like the most naturally suited prep method for the flavours. These are the notes I recorded:
- Very strong spearmint smell
- Smell actually made my stomach turn a lot
- Not sure why spearmint has been doing that lately…
- Brewed a surprisingly dark brownish colour (from the berries?)
- Didn’t really get the elderberries in taste and actually didn’t see much in the dry leaf
- Very sweet mint with some licorice type flavour
- “Licorice” must have been from the fennel, which is noticeable in the leaf
- The name seems fitting
- Not sure how I feel about this one yet
I sent some out to VariaTEA so I’m excited to maybe compare notes when she gets the chance to try it – I’m not sure how I feel about this one yet. It didn’t leave a great impression, but it was drinkable which is a plus.