Organic Earl Grey

Bergamot, Smoke, Citrus, Bitter, Perfume, Oak wood, Smoked
Sachet
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Sipdown, 242. I randomly picked up a sachet of this at a hotel or conference once, and I have had it in my stash since. I brought it home with me this weekend because my parents don’t have a good...” Read full tasting note
  • “We finally made it – this is the last face/off of the first elimination round of the Battle of the Earl Greys. The second round will start on Wednesday! Jake made some lovely scones this morning,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Was pleasantly surprised to find whole leaf in the silken sachet Mighty Leaf tea in the diner I was eating in this evening (why was I in a diner on Thanksgiving? Long story short, we had our dinner...” Read full tasting note
  • “The graduate advisor emailed me a while ago, asking that I give her my CV in less than two days so she can send it off so I could be considered for some fellowship. Seeing that I haven’t had the...” Read full tasting note

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Organic Earl Grey is made of rich organically grown black tea leaves and golden buds with a twist of citrusy organic bergamot. Mighty Leaf perfects the classic tea with an elegant, balanced and full flavored cup. Earl Grey himself would be proud. Certified organic tea by the USDA and QAI.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Simply put — this is delicious! A bit on the strong side and probably one of the only teas I put a dash of sugar in — but one of my favorites for sure! Great with rock sugars!

I’m with Rachel C up there. I was also surprised by this tea. I was at a cafe with a friend and this was the Earl Grey they brought when I ordered tea. I’d heard of Mighty Leaf and knew it was supposed to be a nice tea, but had never tried any of them. I expected a cup of standard Earl Grey and prepared myself for bergamot overload, but it wasn’t there. There wasn’t any oily/heavy/killed-by-bergamot flavor. It was just a nice little Earl Grey that was very well done. I bought a box the next day.

I don’t usually like earl grey tea, but I did like this one. I thought it had a good flavor. It gave me a headache though, does anyone know why that would happen?

A nice basic Earl Grey, but not quite as smooth as some of the more high-end varieties out there. Astringent (which is OK for some Earl drinkers), and satisfying, but not impressive.

I’m not an Earl Grey fan but this one was pretty good. This tea was strong just like the other Mighty Leaf teas.

So this came in the Mighty Leaf Variety pack that I purchased the other day because I am on this wild journey exploring the world of tea and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised right down to the quality of the tea bag to the flavor of the bergamot. Now I am new to the world of tea and definitely need to try more Earl Grey tea to compare them all against but I do believe this quite the nice tea.

Flavors: Bergamot

I used to like Earl Greys quite a bit. Then the thrill wore off and I found myself avoiding them. Today, however, as I was deciding what to load my travel mug with, I grabbed this one. Not because I was craving the bergamot Earl Greyness of it, but I just thought that I will need to drink it eventually, so why not start today. Wow! Really, really good. The smoke and feisty intensity really appealed to me. In fact, appealed to me so much that I immediately made myself another cup when I came home. Delicious.

Flavors: Bergamot, Smoke

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
S.G. Sanders

There are random moments when I like them still, but I avoid them often as well.

Evol Ving Ness

Today I had two more cups and enjoyed both. Going with it.

“Mighty” is an Earl Grey with a TON of extra flavoring added. It’s like the Kool-Aid Man breaking through walls. “OH YEAH,” he yells. “BERGAMOT.”

“Oh,” he adds. “And caffeine.”

Full review at: http://sororiteasisters.com/2016/11/22/mighty-organic-earl-grey-black-tea-tea-leaf-co-2/

2-day-long meeting at not-my-office, so i brought a bag of this along to keep me company. much nicer than i thought it would be; pleasant to sip in its entirely non-ideal preparation of office-hot water in a paper cup steeped until gone. ;)

This tea was very weak and hardly had any of the flavor I’m accustomed to in earl greys. It was slightly bitter, but drinkable with milk and honey.