Black Fruit Blend
Butter, Coconut, Creamy, Pineapple, Smooth, Tannic
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by tynneanicole

40 Images

• “I saved a tiny sample of this tea from a previous tea box. It smelled like old coconut even back then, so I probably should have made an effort to use it up more quickly. The flavor was mostly old...” Read full tasting note
  • “TTB #6 This is completely different from other pina colada flavored teas I’ve tried. Usually the coconut is the dominant flavor, but this one has a very distinctive pineapple taste with a nice...” Read full tasting note
  • “From TTB 2019/2020. This is a really nice tea! My husband had a cup earlier this week and didn’t care for it, but he’s not really a black tea drinker so I should have known I would like it. We...” Read full tasting note
  • “Discovery Tea box – Tea #16 I didn’t expect much from this one, but it is somehow unique and interesting. Despite being stored in a sandwich bag, the flavor is decent, the coconut isn’t too bad. ...” Read full tasting note

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

Product description not available yet.

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

Since 1894, Murchie’s has been importing and blending the finest quality teas from select gardens around the world. As the decades have passed, the art of tea blending and tradition of excellence are handed down along with the old recipes. Today, Murchie’s offers traditional products and classic blends while also developing new combinations for a new generation of tea drinkers. We are proud to provide blends for events and occasions, from local landmarks to national observations and royal milestones.

I saved a tiny sample of this tea from a previous tea box. It smelled like old coconut even back then, so I probably should have made an effort to use it up more quickly. The flavor was mostly old coconut as well, but just old as in stale/soapy, not as in rancid. The black base is gentle. I’m sure this tea was quite nice in its prime. It certainly wasn’t unpleasant to drink today.

tea-sipper

I have actually been trying to hunt down this very tea yesterday. haha I LOVED it from a teabox. I THINK it might be this one, but don’t quote me on it? https://specialteacompany.com/product/pineapple-coconut-black-tea/

AJRimmer

Oh awesome! Yeah, I didn’t expect to enjoy this one, but there was something surprisingly enticing about it!

TTB #6

This is completely different from other pina colada flavored teas I’ve tried. Usually the coconut is the dominant flavor, but this one has a very distinctive pineapple taste with a nice creaminess coming from the coconut. It also has an interesting buttery mouthfeel which is reminding me of an oolong, even though it’s actually a black tea. It’s unique and I like it!

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Creamy, Pineapple, Smooth

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

From TTB 2019/2020.

This is a really nice tea! My husband had a cup earlier this week and didn’t care for it, but he’s not really a black tea drinker so I should have known I would like it. We typically like opposite teas. The dry blend smells mostly of pineapple, but I can taste some of the coconut after steeping. The base is strong but not overpowering. It really is such a pleasant cup, maybe one of my favorites in the box so far.

Flavors: Coconut, Pineapple, Tannic

tea-sipper

I really like this one — I also discovered it in another teabox.

Discovery Tea box – Tea #16

I didn’t expect much from this one, but it is somehow unique and interesting. Despite being stored in a sandwich bag, the flavor is decent, the coconut isn’t too bad. It’s a black tea with fruit pieces which I’m assuming is pineapple and some coconut flakes. There is a distinct realistic pineapple flavor. I accidentally waited about 20 minutes after boiling to steep the first mug, and it was very tasty that way (with a teaspoon and a half). Maybe I should be trying some more black teas this cool and it will make the flavors even better (usually I’m waiting 10 minutes for the water to cool after boiling.) The flavor is just something I haven’t had in a tea yet – a creamy pineapple with quite a robust black tea. The second steep went a little long but the flavor was still there. Also, the other tasting note for this tea said it was discontinued sometime before January 2016 so it probably once tasted even better. It’s one of those teas I can appreciate trying in a teabox though.

Arby

My friend donated this one to the teabox. I kept a bit of it, but put the rest in the TTB. She bought a 4 oz package when it was on sale (because it was being retired, I presume) and she’s so sick of it she wants it out of her cupboard. I enjoy this one iced or hot, but find a coconut milk latte is really superior to any other way of drinking it.

tea-sipper

Oh cool. I really love this one. It might be my favorite I found in the teabox.

Had an old favourite with some good friends tonight. Sad that it’s discontinued, but glad I stocked up! Fruity black tea, but with a creaminess you don’t often get from fruit teas.

On another note, excited to try all the new teas just received! Hoping and praying my sense of taste comes back soon so I can fully enjoy them!

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML