Prince Charles Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 16 oz / 473 ml

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

A strong, rich blend of UVA Highland, Darjeeling, Extra Choice Keemun and Pure Assam.

Originally blended to commemorate the Royal nuptials in 1981 of Charles and Diana, this blend is regal in its strength and depth of flavour. A touch smoky and astringent, the infusion is beautifully robust and dark.

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

I cold-brewed this for about 5 hours in the fridge and this was the first of many experiments to come! While this is one of the Murchie’s teas that I’ve always consistently enjoyed, this is smoother and mellower. Maybe I understeeped it as it almost feels like this is a green/black blend instead of all black.

Ozli

#MADSCIENCE

Good morning Steepster!
I’ve been busy lately, my BF and I went to Tahoe and Sierraville over the weekend to celebrate his birthday, and last night we were doing more celebrating! Aside from that I’ve been busy looking for volunteer work and a job… sigh

Anyway this tea is a sipdown and the last of a few things I bought at Murchie’s last year in Victoria. It isn’t a bad black cuppa tea that’s good for the cold and foggy weather we’re having this morning. It just isn’t one of my favorites… tastes a bit like dirt in my opinion. Obviously I’m not too upset that it’s gone…lol!

I put honey and milk in this, I dunno I’m feeling unhappy with this whole awake deal, I guess. Honey is weird. I haven’t had it for a long time.

Boiling

Great black tea, easy to drink daily. It’s a really nice cup to wake up to and savour at the office. I enjoy it both as a straight black tea or as a latte.

This is my favorite everyday black tea. I had it years ago with a colleague and it was on my mind ever since so I bit the bullet and purchased some from their Canadian online store. The shipping cost as much as the tea which made it seem more precious than it is. It’s nice and hearty and fills the niche that Irish breakfast tea used to before my 2 favorite brands switched their suppliers or something. The reason i didn’t give this a higher rating is because there was an unacceptable amount of tea dust in it which made for a murky tasting. I sent back the 1st batch and was sent a replacement which was teadust free, but when i re-ordered a few months later, that batch also had an unacceptable amount of teadust, which I wound up sifting out which was labor intensive. Because of this, I don’t know if I’d order again. But I still think it is the most delicious basic cuppa black tea I’ve had.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML