Jin Shan Shi Yu

Green Tea
Chestnut, Grass, Smooth, Round , Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by nannuoshan

• “My first Nan Nuo Shan tea! And great to start off with green. Dry the leaves are a dark green, very tiny & curly. They reminded me a bit of Mao Jian but much greener and more curled. I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Third (and unfortunately last) sample I got from nannuoshan. I drank it this morning with my girlfriend (she also a tea lover!), who helped me finding the right words to describe it for this...” Read full tasting note

From Nannuoshan

Jin Shan Shi Yu is a local green tea produced in Jixi, Anhui province (China).
Jin Shan Shi Yu is what we call a typical Chinese green tea. Its taste profile is vegetal, assertive and smooth, with a slightly pungent note.

TASTE: Vegetal, smooth, slightly pungent

About Nannuoshan View company

My first Nan Nuo Shan tea! And great to start off with green.

I actually used the gong fu method instead of western brew since the instructions for western brew would give me way too much tea.

Brewed up, it was a very light yellow colour. Taste was grassy & smooth. It reminded me a bit of some Japanese teas with a good umami . I could also pick out chestnut and it was lightly sweet. This falls into a lighter green and is one of those teas you could sip on a long time without getting a caffeine rush. I really enjoyed this one.

Flavors: Chestnut, Grass, Smooth

Third (and unfortunately last) sample I got from nannuoshan. I drank it this morning with my girlfriend (she also a tea lover!), who helped me finding the right words to describe it for this review!
A good green tea, full, vegetal and round. It doesn’t have the details and nuances of the Taiping Houkui, but it costs half the price. I can say this is the best price/quality ratio among the three nannuoshan’s greens I had.

Flavors: Round , Vegetal