Kathmandu Cosmos

Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This was a free sample that came with my last order from Nepal Tea. The first thing I notice is the actual tea to lemongrass ratio. There is certainly a lot. I like the idea of lemongrass in chai,...” Read full tasting note

From Nepal Tea

Our special spiced chai is an Ayurvedic blend of our finest golden tips tea with flavorful homemade spice mix. A sweet and spicy heritage!

To brew the finest cup of Kathmandu Cosmos, use approximately two grams (the amount of a single tea bag) of tea per 8.5 fl. oz. (a standard US cup) of water of temperature 95℃ (206℉). In general, use not quite boiling water or let the water cool down for about 30 seconds after boiling. Steep for about 4 to 5 minutes to enjoy the sweet and spicy flavor of Kathmandu Cosmos.

*Kathmandu Cosmos is best served without added milk and/or sugar. However, it is common to add sugar and/or lemon according to one’s preference.

About Nepal Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

This was a free sample that came with my last order from Nepal Tea.

The first thing I notice is the actual tea to lemongrass ratio. There is certainly a lot. I like the idea of lemongrass in chai, though. It smells heavenly, spiced, and clean. There is also a considerable amount of citrus peel and coriander seed. As it steeps, the aroma reminds me of the citronella candles my mom used to keep the mosquitoes away. I used to smell those all the time on the back porch as a kid. So sweet and fresh. This tea could serve as aromatherapy, I swear.

The flavor is so comforting. Lemony with that well-rounded spice I’ve come to love from Nepal Tea. The spice especially comes through on the exhale. While I think a lot of the ingredients are muted by the lemongrass and peel, I can still taste (and rather feel) ginger, too. This is a masterpiece of a chai, much like their Nepali Breakfast. I’m probably going to end up trying every tea this company makes.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Citrusy, Coriander Seed, Ginger, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Lemongrass

Kawaii433

This sounds excellent. One of the reasons I like the Kusmi Detox (green one) is because of the Lemongrass in it… Definitely will try this one out in the future.

Tabby