Floral, Honey, Sweet
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Tamarindel
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From New Mexico Tea Company

Blending organic black tea with bee pollen and an extra kick of natural honey flavor gives this tea the unique taste of honey and tea without the extra sugar.

Extra Info:
Honey use and production has a long and varied history. Honey collection is an ancient activity. Humans apparently began hunting for honey at least 8,000 years ago, as evidenced by a cave painting in Valencia, Spain.

Ingredients:
black tea, bee pollen, natural honey flavor,
Origin:
Sri Lanka

About New Mexico Tea Company View company

This is the first tea I’ve tried with bee pollen in it. What a unique concept. But the flavor starts off too weird. Reminds me of wet dog. Rotting logs mixed with wet stinky workout clothes. As those flavors subside you begin to taste the honey notes which are very nice despite the notes before them. The liquor aroma is the same. This could work but I think it would have to be mixed with something else to cover those initial flavors.

Cameron B.

I agree with the wet dog comparison, I am not a fan of bee pollen in tea.

tea-sipper

Also find this with bee pollen. Not a fan. :/

I’m not tasting any honey. It’s just coming across as a brisk black tea. Meh.

On a rainy day such as this, I like to have black tea. The scent is very nice, certainly honey and a bit sweet. There is a sweet flavour, nice but a little strong. Also somewhat floral.

Not sure what I was expecting, but overall pretty good.

Flavors: Floral, Honey, Sweet

First time trying this one and I really like it. Sometimes ‘honey’ tea just means the tea is slightly sweet, but the bee pollen is really coming through here in both the scent and the flavor. It does have a light natural sweetness, but it is also has that slight bitterness that is inherent to pollen. This tea is a good example of what I’ve come to expect from NMTC — they aren’t ‘fancy’ tea blenders — usually they only use one or two ingredients to flavor their teas, so the result is pretty straightforward. But the quality of the ingredients is very good, and the natural flavors strike a nice balance with the tea.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML