Chocolate Rooibos

Boiling 8 min or more 8 oz / 236 ml

2 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

From Numi Organic Tea

Smooth South African rooibos is enveloped by creamy real vanilla beans, sweet honeybush and rich cacao. This sensual treat is a delightful, soothing beverage you can melt into.

Alchemy: South African rooibos enveloped by real vanilla beans, honeybush and cacao
Flavor Notes: Smooth and rich, creamy and sweet
Occasion: Afternoon delight; great as a latte
Caffeine: Medium

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified™ organic cacao powder, organic rooibos, organic honeybush, organic vanilla beans.

Brewing Instructions: Bring fresh water to a boil and pour over a bag of Chocolate Rooibos. Steep 6-8 minutes to allow all of the chocolate richness to infuse. Squeeze the tea bag well to enjoy the lusciousness of this chocolate tea treat. For a cold latte, infuse 2 tea bags in 1/2 cup. Let cool and add milk to finish.

http://shop.numitea.com/Chocolate-Rooibos/p/NUMIS-10500&[email protected]@Indulgent

About Numi Organic Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

I did not expect to be pleased with this tea. I was looking for a new jacket for my brother a T.J. Maxx, and I know that they usually have some solid teas on discount, so I opted to see what they had. I’ve wanted to try this for a while and it was two dollars cheaper than it normally was, and the box was neglected and dogeared. It was the only box, my brother and I were going to play Dark Souls III, and it was the last night of my spring break, so I needed some comfort. I’m glad I took the shot for that dogeared box.

I’ve gone through half the box already with my bro. It is dry and it was what you might expect, but a few of the many cups were smooth and silky. I brewed this in a teapot instead of the cup, never mind that is how tea should be brewed anyway. Woody, smooth red rooibos blended well with the vanilla and the cocoa making this welcomed. You could taste the cocoa for sure and it bordered on being like hot cocoa, but woodier. The bag might make this tea taste a little too cardboardy for some along with the woody rooibos ,but it was a nice break from tannin and provided just enough sweetness to avert my craving for coffee.

I will say that I’m not sure if this is strong enough for a latte. My bro added cream and sugar to his and I can barely taste the tea. Maybe use two bags in a pot, and then use properly steamed milk or just the slightest hint of creamer with sugar. I’m enjoying as is plain, and my mother likes it with just a spoon full of sugar.