Vintage Pu-erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Shelley_Lorraine

1 Tasting Note View all

• “My mother sent me some teas from this company. Highly unexpected since she usually doesn’t order her own tea, much less ship samples out. Though, I suspect she purchased it locally somewhere and...” Read full tasting note

From Octavia Tea

Revered for its medicinal value, Pu-erh is a dark tea from China’s Yunnan Province that, like a fine wine, can mellow and improve with age. Pu-erh undergoes an artisanal, microbial fermentation process that “ripens” the leaf and creates a bold, earthy character. Bringing to mind the satisfying smell of an old library, our Vintage Pu-erh offers intense aromas of raindrop-saturated earth, rich foliage, wet stone, creamy leather and moss. Many Chinese believe that dark tea carries the most health benefits & acts as a probiotic.

About Octavia Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

My mother sent me some teas from this company. Highly unexpected since she usually doesn’t order her own tea, much less ship samples out. Though, I suspect she purchased it locally somewhere and not online. :)

I’ve never had an Octavia tea (that I can recall). I didn’t have particularly high expectations, but it turned out to be a better pu-erh than I expected. It’s not as sweet as some shu puerhs, but it has a pleasant stone, cold earth, and dirt flavor.

I’m used to Pu-er, in general, being able to handle multiple steeps well. This one only gave me two good steeps, imo. I did one 30sec and one 1min for the first two and they were the best.