Berry Mocha Truffle

Artificial, Dark Chocolate, Dust
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From Octavia Tea

With a crack, the chocolate truffle shell breaks to reveal the elegant, puréed-berry ganache folded inside. This deep, velvety blend of black tea, cocoa and cream has a luscious raspberry finish that can compete with any dessert craving. This antioxidant-rich tea is an epicurean treat…without a single calorie in sight.

Organic black tea
Organic cocoa husks
Organic raspberry pieces
Organic raspberry pieces
Organic marigold flower petals
Organic cornflower petals
Natural flavors
This tea is USDA Certified Organic.

This signature, Octavia Tea blend is made with a base of Thiashola Estate black tea from Nilgiri, South India and organic cocoa husks from Ghana.

About Octavia Tea View company

Sipdown (136)

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!

Thank you Roswell Strange for sending this to me so long ago. For some reason, I always kept passing it by when it came to picking teas and I honestly have no idea why because this is definitely a flavor that I would pick myself. Today I decided it nicely suited the theme of Valentine’s so why not finally give it a go.

Unfortunately for me, I either waited too long or simply knew deep down that this is one tall cup of nope for me. There is a dark chocolate vibe to it, but one that is musty and old…like a chocolate bar or hot chocolate powder that has been sitting open for a bit too long. As for the berry, while abundant in the smell, I got none in taste. Honestly, I am hoping the leaf has simply gone rancid as this was undrinkable. Still, I am crazy grateful to Roswell Strange because this was one I considered ordering back when I was checking out Octavia’s website and now I know better.

Edit: Just realized this is my 2,500 tasting note!!

Flavors: Artificial, Dark Chocolate, Dust

OMGsrsly

WOO! Congratulations on 2500. :D

Sipdown (112)!

Well, I forgot to message my list of tasting note jot notes this morning, so before I struggle to remember what I drank and what I thought about it I’m going to write about the tea I’m currently drinking at work. Bleck; I hate out of order tasting notes, but I’d rather write accurately.

Dry, this visually has a lot of cocoa shells/husks in it as well as tiny shredded bits of what looks like strawberry, and tiny black tea leaves. It smells very much like powdered hot chocolate and maybe a little bit of fruit. Now that it’s steeped up, it’s definitely got a richer chocolate taste and a lovely fruitiness to it that reminds me of that sugary strawberry waffle topping you can get with your Belgian waffles at any kind of breakfast restaurant. Mmm! The “mocha” part isn’t super obvious to me though: I don’t really taste any sort of coffee flavour. As it’s cooled, the fruit has become more apparent.

Took the bus ride to work, but I finally realized that what this is reminding me of is the Strawberry Cacao from Herbal Infusions, but richer/higher quality. Pretty good; plus, this seems to be a much easier company to deal with than HI.

EDIT: I just looked it up and apparently this is raspberry/chocolate – but I definitely tasted strawberry.

Fjellrev

OMG, seriously? I noticed Amoda had this on their site and almost ordered it because it sounded good. I’m so delighted to hear that it’s similar to Strawberry Cacao.