Salted Caramel Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

1 Tasting Note View all

From Octavia Tea

Exotic chai spices, creamy sarsaparilla, dark cocoa shells, and a touch of caramel playfully enhance this antioxidant-rich black tea. Enjoy on its own, or brew it strong and add a splash of milk and honey to enhance the dessert-like character. To brew a decadent, spiced chai latte, gently simmer 1 heaping tablespoon of tea, ¾ cup water, and ¼ cup milk for 5 minutes. Strain and sweeten to taste. Rich, buttery, and delicious!

NET WT (per tin): 2.25 (64 g)

Organic black tea Organic ginger Organic cardamom Organic cinnamon Organic cocoa shells Organic sarsaparilla root Organic coconut Natural caramel and vanilla flavors

This tea is USDA Certified Organic.

About Octavia Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Thanks again for the wonderful samples, Octavia Tea! I thought I’d take the opportunity on this brisk windy June day to steep up some chai. I love chai and salted caramel so this sounds interesting. The ingredients are finely chopped to maximize the flavors: a broken pekoe black tea from Yunnan, tons of spices, and some odd ingredients like coconut, cocoa shells and sarsaparilla root. The directions say I should boil the tea directly in a pan with milk and water, but I’m just steeping it like a traditional tea, in an infuser with a full mug of water. No milk or sweeteners of any kind. It’s how I like my chai anyway. I was questioning how these ingredients would taste like Salted Caramel and it doesn’t really taste like that to me. It tastes like a traditional chai, emphasis on raisin notes, with plenty of sarsaparilla, both in the dry leaf and the flavor. I think it’s the perfect strength black tea for the flavors. It tastes more like root beer than salted caramel but I can’t usually complain about any chai. Chai was the first tea I tried and I usually enjoy every cup of chai I have. Some points are taken off this one for the inaccurate name.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug // 18 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 3-4 minute steep
2019 Sipdowns: 50 (Whispering Pines – Yunnan Gold Black)